ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no! The new rider friendly console!  (Read 138158 times)

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
Oh no! The new rider friendly console!
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »

http://www.behringer.com/en/Products/X32.aspx
Doesn't look that bad though........... :-\

Matt Merritt

Re: Oh no! The new rider friendly console!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »

Hey, it says it's "Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK"   ???

James A. Griffin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »

A board that has much of the functionality of an LS9-32 at 1/3 the price has to be carefully considered.      Of course we're concerned about reliability...  But then again, if you scroll through postings in the LAB or LAB Lounge, you don't have to go too far to find someone having an issue with their LS9.   I'm just sayin'..

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »

Extensive discussion with contributions from a beta tester in Germany...  http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4393-x32-discussion.html
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Re: Oh no! The new rider friendly console!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »

Extensive discussion with contributions from a beta tester in Germany...  http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4393-x32-discussion.html

Right now the reviews of functionality and usability sound good. Obviously, durability is still to be seen. But so far it appears that they have at least made solid contact with the ball on this one.
Jay Barracato

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »

But then again, if you scroll through postings in the LAB or LAB Lounge, you don't have to go too far to find someone having an issue with their LS9.   I'm just sayin'..

Anecdotal evidence and fawlty statistics. Even without a thorough survey I think it's safe to say that there's virtually a consensus that Yamaha digiconsoles are about as stable as it gets. Of course there will be stories to be found on consoles that have sold those kinds of volume.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Anecdotal evidence and fawlty statistics. Even without a thorough survey I think it's safe to say that there's virtually a consensus that Yamaha digiconsoles are about as stable as it gets. Of course there will be stories to be found on consoles that have sold those kinds of volume.

Precisely.  We know about the failures because of the folks that come to these forums for support, we don't hear from the folks that haven't had issues.

Some posts or subject lines tend to be dramatic.  Instead of "it got wet" or "it got hot" or "is 95v. not enough" we get "XYZ FAIL!".  Not to say stuff can't just up and die... but that most failures are the result of human factors, not the device itself. 

I've seen my share of console glitches over the decades and typically carry some kind of back up mixer so a catastrophic failure can be addressed (at least in a rudimentary fashion).

It will be interesting to see how the X32 does in terms of reliability and build quality.  The feature set is deep and the price attractive.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:02:12 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

With thousands of units sold or in use daily I don't think seeing that an LS9 failed during some rainy day gig will be enough to sway my opinions of Yamaha. We're not talking about Yamaha though, we're talking about a company known for product failure and cost cutting manufacturing and development technique. The immidiate appeal of the mixer is it's feature set vs cost. Now stop and think about quality and ask yourself why Beheringer is able to produce the product at a price at least 1/2 less than the cost of comperable products.

I believe in a fair chance for any product regardless of manufacturer, however, unless I'm part of a BETA test then don't expect me to take any manufacturer at thier word UNLESS they have proven themselves to me in the past.

I bought a small Behringer DMX unit once that was comperable to a well know unit costing many times more. I only needed it for occasional use so I thought the $300 to be well spent. The product worked fine for almost a year of occasional use and then just never turned on again. I am now beggining to hear about problems with other low cost digital boards that were introduced about a year ago, problems that shouldn't really exist at this point in the game. My point is simply this. If you feel the urge then by all means make the purchase and let us all know who well the boards holding up..... in about a year. And keep in mind that your reputation will only be as good as the system you stand behind.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »

And keep in mind that your reputation will only be as good as the system you stand behind.

I stand behind all my gear......except for the manure spreader......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Airton Pereira

• The Knutz
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »

Only me or anyone else think how ugly this console is? I don't like these toy-like consoles, I prefer the ones that actually look like a console. Anyway, the X-32 seems good at the price point. I have used many Behringer gear over the years and they usually work fine for 4 years with me. I mixer lost 2 preamps and a GEQ added to much noise after this period. It is funny though that it costs less than a Presonus 24 and does much more...
Drummer and Sound Engineer for The Knutz.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.