ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: using apple TV and airplay as wireless projector link  (Read 23540 times)

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
Re: using apple TV and airplay as wireless projector link
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »

It's always better to run a cable, more robust, more throughput, more options. We've had good luck with baluns for the most part but the couple of times we haven't have definitely pushed me to use them as a last resort. The Intellix ones have always been good though, better than the rest IMO.

Just bite the bullet and run the cables, you'll be glad you took the time to do so. I don't think the AppleTV option is what you want.

You've got the right idea by running a bunch for future use as well. Seeing how you can use CatX for just about anything these days it's a good option. Some baluns are more picky than others on the wire that's used so if you want to hedge your bet I'd make sure to use a good solid copper core Cat6.
Ryan Davis

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »

Some baluns are more picky than others on the wire that's used so if you want to hedge your bet I'd make sure to use a good solid copper core Cat6.
CAT 6 for digital and data signals, but CAT 5 or 5e for analog component video or RGBHV.  The greater differential twist rate between pairs makes CAT 6 a better choice for digital media and data, but for longer runs can cause increased skew in component video or RGBHV applications.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »

CAT 6 for digital and data signals, but CAT 5 or 5e for analog component video or RGBHV.  The greater differential twist rate between pairs makes CAT 6 a better choice for digital media and data, but for longer runs can cause increased skew in component video or RGBHV applications.

Hmmmm.  Who knew?  Thanks Brad. I love learning new stuff.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.