ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid Venue SC48 vs. Midas PRO2  (Read 14274 times)

Mike Sweel

Avid Venue SC48 vs. Midas PRO2
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »

Hi,

What you mean about this consoles? I think that this two consoles are the best in this price range. I also heard that Midas PRO2 will be killer of all this console in this price range, because of sound and they used 96khz processing, other consoles in this range include Yamaha CL, Digico SD9 series and Avid used 48Khz.

Kristo Kotkas

• Eventech
Re: Avid Venue SC48 vs. Midas PRO2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »

Hi,

What you mean about this consoles? I think that this two consoles are the best in this price range. I also heard that Midas PRO2 will be killer of all this console in this price range, because of sound and they used 96khz processing, other consoles in this range include Yamaha CL, Digico SD9 series and Avid used 48Khz.

Most modern digital desks sound pretty amazing. Engineers skills (and depth of his hearing loss) makes the biggest difference in the audience area.

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

Hi,

I am sure others will ask this, but what is the intended purpose? Install? Rental company?

In my opinion the Midas will probably "sound" better but that is a small part of the equation. If you are providing for festivals or anything of that nature having more physical faders is king. The SC48 is also very rider friendly, and you will probably get some cross rentals as well since it is in demand. I think the Midas is a very cool desk and I cannot wait to play around.

Ether desk is a very powerful, well priced piece of gear.

Mike Sweel

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »

I am sure others will ask this, but what is the intended purpose? Install? Rental company?

In my opinion the Midas will probably "sound" better but that is a small part of the equation. If you are providing for festivals or anything of that nature having more physical faders is king. The SC48 is also very rider friendly, and you will probably get some cross rentals as well since it is in demand. I think the Midas is a very cool desk and I cannot wait to play around.

Ether desk is a very powerful, well priced piece of gear.

I will need it for rental and I want also record tracks. Now in the moment is SC48 more rider friendly but PRO2 is new desk and nobody know how will users accept it.

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »

I will need it for rental and I want also record tracks. Now in the moment is SC48 more rider friendly but PRO2 is new desk and nobody know how will users accept it.

You can look at the whole Venue line vs the whole Midas Pro line. I see way more Venues out there. In the end you need to look at what will be reliable and make you money, I would seriously look at what companies around you have. If some shops have an SC48 its always nice to be able to get another if you need a monitor desk or if you have multiple stages.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »

Midas just introduced a new stand alone integrated console at infocomm called the Pro1. Like the SC48, it features built in XLRs and outputs on the console. The Pro 1 has 24 local inputs and can also work with remote stage boxes and digital snakes. Supposed to sell for under $10K.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Mike Sweel

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

Midas just introduced a new stand alone integrated console at infocomm called the Pro1. Like the SC48, it features built in XLRs and outputs on the console. The Pro 1 has 24 local inputs and can also work with remote stage boxes and digital snakes. Supposed to sell for under $10K.

I don't know if Midas will be popular as Avid in the Future. Nobody know how will people accept PRO2 models.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.