ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas PRO1  (Read 24929 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Midas PRO1
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »

Being an owner of a Venice, and being in the market for a digital mixer in the $10,000 price range, I was very excited to see this until I saw printed on the back of the console "Made in China".
I noticed that the Pro 2 series is also made in China.
Were any Midas products made in China prior to their takeover by Behringer?
Anyone know where the Allen & Heath GLD80 is manufactured?

Thanks,
Robert

My GLD 80 surface says Made in Great Britain,  My AR2412 and my AR84 both say Made in England!

BTW is sounds and performs awesome.  Already been used with everything from a local Ballet to national rock bands and everything in between.  Both in  monitor world and for FOH and for both FOH and Monitors at the same time.  This weekend it is being used on a Performance Art Festival.  It's been out on about 25 show days already and it is a winner!

There are a few features that aren't perfect yet but I expect A&H to be taking care of that pretty quickly!

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Midas PRO1
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »

Being an owner of a Venice, and being in the market for a digital mixer in the $10,000 price range, I was very excited to see this until I saw printed on the back of the console "Made in China".

I think these days the country of manufacture is becoming irrelevant is far as quality goes. I'm not going to get into any political discussions. Tons of fine products are coming out of China. All the Avid Venue products are made there. Nobody is complaining about build quality. Got an iPhone or a Mac? Made in China. All top notch stuff. Any QC problems with products coming out of China have little to do with the country of manufacture and have more to do with the companies contracting with the manufacturing houses not staying on top of things. It's likely in those cases that said products would be problematic no matter where they were built. Uli has a state of the art manufacturing facility. As long as he's running it right, quality shouldn't be an issue. If he's not, it will be. That would be the case regardless of where the desk was built. It remains to be seen.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Midas PRO1
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »

Thanks,
Robert

Seems to be a moot point unless it is poor quality. All the parts would have been made in China anyway.

ProSoundWeb Community

Midas PRO1
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.