ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haze question  (Read 6696 times)

Jim Cutshall

Haze question
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »

i have a friend of mine that is having problems on concert days in his venue with dizziness and headaches.  typically 1-3 DF50's are run on these days so we're wondering if something in the oil based fluid could be causing these.

anyone else experience something similar?

James Feenstra

Re: Haze question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:56:15 AM »

i have a friend of mine that is having problems on concert days in his venue with dizziness and headaches.  typically 1-3 DF50's are run on these days so we're wondering if something in the oil based fluid could be causing these.

anyone else experience something similar?
how big is the venue?

I can fill an 8000 seat arena with two and a couple fans quite easily, so they very well may be the issue if it's a small room and the air is thick with oil
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jim Cutshall

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »

how big is the venue?

I can fill an 8000 seat arena with two and a couple fans quite easily, so they very well may be the issue if it's a small room and the air is thick with oil

it's an 8000 seat venue -

The problem isn't filling the room - its the headache and dizziness we believe being caused by the haze as concert days are the only time this seems to happen.

James Feenstra

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

it's an 8000 seat venue -

The problem isn't filling the room - its the headache and dizziness we believe being caused by the haze as concert days are the only time this seems to happen.
It *may* be the issue, oil can cause problems with some people

It may also be the fact that concerts are a lot louder than other events, which can definitely cause headaches. Also the fact that during concerts people tend to move around a lot more and will get dehydrated quicker, especially if consuming alcohol.

There could be several problems happening, I'd test out a water based solution and see if that makes a difference.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »

Google PeaSoup ;) you wont find better

Neil Juneja

• Muvment Lighting
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

I believe the research on DF-50s found absolutely no side effects whatsoever.  I trust them completely.  If you do think that the DF-50s might be causing a problem, call CITC or ReelEFX and get DF-50 water based fluid & try that out.  (yes, they make a water based fluid that works in the DF-50s).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.