ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Sunglasses  (Read 9209 times)

Jordan Wolf

Best Sunglasses
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »

Outdoor season is here (for gigs and general relaxation) and I'm looking to invest in a pair of nicer sunglasses that I can enjoy.

Does anyone have any preferences and, if so, why?  I've seen/heard good stuff about Ray-ban and Maui Jim, but just wanted to get some other opinions before I spend the cash (~$160 is where I'm looking to stay).
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
Re: Best Sunglasses
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »

Outdoor season is here (for gigs and general relaxation) and I'm looking to invest in a pair of nicer sunglasses that I can enjoy.

Does anyone have any preferences and, if so, why?  I've seen/heard good stuff about Ray-ban and Maui Jim, but just wanted to get some other opinions before I spend the cash (~$160 is where I'm looking to stay).
Vuarnet Skilynx Pouilloux - Love the fit and I find the tint of the lenses is very relaxing. Hard to find nowadays, and I am really careful with mine.

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

I've been a big fan of Revo for years and love their brown/bronze polarized lenses. They remove glare and increase contrast on bright blue-sky days better than any other glasses I've owned.

Plus their designs are typically very good and they've got a broad range of frame styles.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:43:50 PM by Matt Errend »

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »

I buy the cheap non polarized ones, that way I can still read a screen on a console, plus I lose sunglasses fairly easily. Would love to have a real pair but see the end of that last sentence.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »

I buy the cheap non polarized ones, that way I can still read a screen on a console, plus I lose sunglasses fairly easily. Would love to have a real pair but see the end of that last sentence.

On a related note:

I don't buy them.  I just pick up the lost and left-over sets at load-out and add them to my collection.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »

The pink ones with the daisies were cute but a little small for your face.
Jay Barracato

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »

I'm currently working all analogue so polarization is not an issue for me, though I would still get polarized from a health & safety standpoint.

I have some ray-bans. I'm not sure what the model but I've had them for three yeas. I'm probably going to replace them soon with a similar pair.
I also have a small collection of lost and found glasses but most of them look funny on my head since I have a tiny face.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »

The pink ones with the daisies were cute but a little small for your face.

Those were part of my "Elton John" collection......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

http://menards.com/main/tools-hardware/safety-equipment/vapor-gray-safety-glasses/p-1691792-c-12170.htm

-Tough and disposable; great for Mo'cycle riding, also.

-DW

UV protection - I dunno.

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »

I alternate between Maui Jim (new green lens) and bronze Revos. Two weeks on each lens seems to keep my eyes happy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.