ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fastest route Montgomery AL to Panama City Beach  (Read 10268 times)

Chuck Fudge

fastest route Montgomery AL to Panama City Beach
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

heading to PCB for spring break.  Anyone have a good route from Montgomery AL?   AAA has me going  331 out of montgomery to 52 to 87 which turns into fl81 to 20 to 79.  Our time share is on the west end of PCB.

This route looks like it misses large towns.  Another route uses 231 but I have read that can be a traffic nightmare.  We should hit Montgomery around 5pm Sunday.

Any suggestions are appreciated....

BTW....not my first choice of places to go with the family....but the time share was a gift.

Taylor Phillips

Re: fastest route Montgomery AL to Panama City Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

My friend liked to go 231 through Troy to AL87 to 167 (I think 87 turns and 167 is straight ahead, but I don't quite remember) through Enterprise, turns into FL79 which goes all the way to the west side of PCB. 

Terry Martin

fastest route Montgomery AL to Panama City Beach
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »

We head down there about 5 times a year.  We choose 231. 

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »

It's been over 30 years but I remember 231 as well. Spent my honeymoon in Montgomery and remember, driving from Milton, FL, that we passed a diner/gas station with a big sign on it that said "Eat here and get gas." The fastest route is through Milton. Let me know if the diner still exists.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

It's been over 30 years but I remember 231 as well. Spent my honeymoon in Montgomery and remember, driving from Milton, FL, that we passed a diner/gas station with a big sign on it that said "Eat here and get gas." The fastest route is through Milton. Let me know if the diner still exists.
That's quite a sign, but I think your memory might be fooling you.  Milton, FL is about 100 miles west of 231 and definitely not the fastest route to PCB.  Milton is next to Pensacola, which my mother constantly mistakes for Panama City.

Interesting note, though, when I-65 terminates at I-10 in Mobile, the guide signs don't display city names like they usually do, but say 'Florida' and 'Mississipp.'  Pensacola and Pascagoula would be the cities on the signs, so you can see why they just put the states' names up there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.