ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review: Epson PP-100 Discproducer  (Read 4073 times)

Mike Allgeier

Review: Epson PP-100 Discproducer
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:26 PM »

I have been using an Epson PP-100 Discproducer now for about 1 1/2 years and I'd like to provide a review about it. First of all, this product is used to duplicate sermons for members who want them. Since we've begun posting our sermons online, the requests for CDs has dropped, but I still do a fair number of requests each week. In the past I was running another duplicator (brand P) and at first it was a good duplicator. However, the robotics were slow and sluggish and then the CD drive went out. I replaced it, but the machine never did work quite right after that. I think that the new drive eventually failed but it could have been a software issue too. I went round and round with it and engaged the support dept. at brand P a few times but they were never able to really help me get this machine going. It was about 6 years old by this time so I figured that it was time to get a new one. To be fair, I had run a LOT of discs through that duplicator/printer.

I started looking around at other brands and options but I wasn't real impressed by anything I saw until I ran across the Epson. After seeing the various videos on Youtube and reading other reviews of it, I finally decided to go with it. It was about 1/3 more expensive than brand P, but from what I could tell, everything seemed to be a step above what I had at the time.

When I got it and started using it, I couldn't believe it. This machine is phenomenal!! It is so much tighter, faster, and more precise than than the other one, and having 2 duping drives really makes duping fast. It's always duping 2 discs and printing one which makes it very efficient. I can do duping now in half the time or better than I did before. And the printing on the discs?? Get outta here! It's night and day better than the other machine. The ink lasts a lot longer and it is just a very professional machine.

For example, I just had to replace an ink cartridge for the first time. The machine started duplicating, then when it ran out of ink, a message popped up on my computer screen telling me that printing could no longer continue. The duping drives were put in standby, and the PP-100 patiently waited for me to replace the empty cartridge. Once I had replaced it, the machine went right back to work and when I just pulled the discs out of the drop bay, I couldn't believe it; They both were perfect!

I know that brand P gets a lot of press, but if you need to duplicate CDs or DVDs, check out the Discproducer. You won't be disappointed. I am stoked!

Mike Allgeier

ProSoundWeb Community

Review: Epson PP-100 Discproducer
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.