ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BBE DS Series Processors (DS24, DS26, DS48)  (Read 19208 times)

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
BBE DS Series Processors (DS24, DS26, DS48)
« on: March 15, 2011, 03:26:32 PM »

I'm looking to get a speaker management system for my rig - which is currently two QSC K12's.
In the next two months I will have added a single sub (size constraints limit me to one) to my rig - looking at the KW181 or VRX918SP.

I've heard almost all positive things about these BBE DS processors - but I figured I would check with you guys before I pull the trigger. eBay has them new for good prices ($190 for a DS24) but I am always wearing of buying on eBay.

Any other options? I like the simplicity and straight-forwardness of the BBE vs. the dbx Driverack. I don't believe Sabine, Symetrix, Ashly, BSS, or Klark Teknik make any processors in my price range (Under $300).

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
Re: BBE DS Series Processors (DS24, DS26, DS48)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »

Just curious what you are trying to accomplish with this processor?   The QSC speakers and sub already have a built in crossover and limiting.  I doubt you need delay.  So the only thing i can think of you wanting from the processor is EQ, which could be accomplished with a plain old graphic eq.

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »

Just curious what you are trying to accomplish with this processor?   The QSC speakers and sub already have a built in crossover and limiting.  I doubt you need delay.  So the only thing i can think of you wanting from the processor is EQ, which could be accomplished with a plain old graphic eq.

Well for the KW181 I wouldn't need it - and would actually prefer not to use one for trans-portabilities sake.

I would have used the DS24 if I end up buying the VRX918SP since it only has a mono input and output.

Correct I do not need a delay.

I guess I need to figure out if I want the VRX918SP or KW181 - any suggestions? I would take the VRX over the PRX-XLF any day.

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »

Well for the KW181 I wouldn't need it - and would actually prefer not to use one for trans-portabilities sake.

I would have used the DS24 if I end up buying the VRX918SP since it only has a mono input and output.

Correct I do not need a delay.

I guess I need to figure out if I want the VRX918SP or KW181 - any suggestions? I would take the VRX over the PRX-XLF any day.

ds processors only have up to 7ms of delay. the only thing i can really say is a negative for a processor of that price.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »

"ds processors only have up to 7ms of delay. the only thing i can really say is a negative for a processor of that price."

+1, I use the DS-48 to Tri amp some speakers, Works Fine.

Regards,  John

duane massey

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »

BBE DS- cost-effective, but a little funky to set up.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:59 AM »

BBE DS- cost-effective, but a little funky to set up.

seems to me like most people don't have a ton of serious complaints about the DS series - especially given the very modest price.

I think it might be something I pick up regardless of what sub I use - just to have around.

Aside from the obvious advantage of more connectivity and scalability within setup - is there any reason to go with a DS48 or DS26 over the DS24?

Elliot Thompson

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:49 AM »

seems to me like most people don't have a ton of serious complaints about the DS series - especially given the very modest price.

I think it might be something I pick up regardless of what sub I use - just to have around.

Aside from the obvious advantage of more connectivity and scalability within setup - is there any reason to go with a DS48 or DS26 over the DS24?

Hi

I believe I may have been the first person on the old PSW forum to write a review in regards to the DS 48.

You can read about it Here if you like.

By April of 2011, my DS 48 will be in its third year of usage with no issues whatsoever.

The reason I chose the DS 48 over the 26 & 24 is more channels. That is the only reason to choose the DS 48.

Best Regards,

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »

Hi

I believe I may have been the first person on the old PSW forum to write a review in regards to the DS 48.

You can read about it Here if you like.

By April of 2011, my DS 48 will be in its third year of usage with no issues whatsoever.

The reason I chose the DS 48 over the 26 & 24 is more channels. That is the only reason to choose the DS 48.

Best Regards,

thank you very much for that link - despite my research I didn't come across that yet. I will take a look at it.
Also glad to hear about your problem free DS.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 04:55:14 AM »

I have a ds24. No problems. Very easy setup with the software and cable provided. Picked mine up on ebay as well.
Great for the price unit.
Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 04:55:14 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.