ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making the most of my lights  (Read 2739 times)

Ted Christensen

Making the most of my lights
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »

I use blue lite and live pannel on my pc to run lights. It works great. but i feel i can make more of it.

I have 9 scanners (4 scx700 / 5 scx500) and 8 slim par pro tri's.

I know i should be able to put on a killer light show. I pre program chase patterns but feel they are lacking. It looks like the same thing over and over even though i have 24 chase patterns set up. (Fan, search light, strobe etc) Mainly im trying to get more out of my scanners.

I was wondering if there were any patterns i can design or a way to make my set up more univesal for runnning lights with any genre on the fly so i can have more options.

Thanks!

Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

duane massey

Re: Making the most of my lights
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »

Get a used Showdesigner 1 (ebay $300 or less), learn how to program it, and be amazed. You can have 99 pages of 16 scenes (which can be static and/or chases) available and grab fixtures on the fly to change colors, gobos, etc.
I found Bluelight to be very limited for live work, but YMMV.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

On top of that, not everything has to be a chase. You'll trigger a fit in an epileptic doing that! Static scenes can look great and exciting.

Also, not every scene has to use movement of the beam. Try some scenes that just have color chases or gobo chases. Also you can scroll the gobo wheel while the beam stays still for a different type of movement.

Go to youtube for inspiration. There are literally thousands of lighting videos.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.