ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Network With Other AV Technicians  (Read 3417 times)

Nathan S. Lively

• Sound Design Live Podcast
    • Sound Design Live
How To Network With Other AV Technicians
« on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »

I did some searching and didn't see this covered, yet. If it has been, please direct me to the topic.

What is the best way to network with other AV technicians for job opportunities? I recently moved to the bay area and have a couple of small clients, but need to more to fill my schedule. If I was looking for sound designers I would check BackStageJobs.com or Theatre Bay Area, but where are AV technicians listing themselves?

Networking with other engineers/designers/technicians is how I've found most work so far, but is this not common in pro AV? Do AV techs keep a low profile and apply for jobs instead of networking and promoting themselves?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: How To Network With Other AV Technicians
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »

I did some searching and didn't see this covered

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Clayton Ganzer

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »

I did some searching and didn't see this covered, yet. If it has been, please direct me to the topic.

What is the best way to network with other AV technicians for job opportunities? I recently moved to the bay area and have a couple of small clients, but need to more to fill my schedule. If I was looking for sound designers I would check BackStageJobs.com or Theatre Bay Area, but where are AV technicians listing themselves?

Networking with other engineers/designers/technicians is how I've found most work so far, but is this not common in pro AV? Do AV techs keep a low profile and apply for jobs instead of networking and promoting themselves?

Start your own metup group.
Go to places that live bands are playing at clubs or dinner spots, there will usually be live sound engineers there and start talking to them.
Go the all the audio companies in town, talk to the hiring coordinator, get on their freelance list and when they call you to work gigs then talk to the people at the gigs.
Have some business card made, not only to give to clients but to people that you meet and want to network with in the business.
It all just takes time.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »

What do you mean by "AV technicians" and what roles and jobs are you referencing?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.