ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Reasonably priced RTA software system  (Read 27724 times)

PhilKwon

• Canadian Event Production Services
Reasonably priced RTA software system
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »

Hello all!

I am looking for reasonably priced RTA software, USB interface and a measurement mic.
I can't stretch to the $895 for the Smaart software at this point but need something to do analysis of rooms & speaker systems in those venues.

Suggestions?

Phil
Canadian Event Production Services
www.caneps.com
Philippe Kwon
www.caneps.com

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Reasonably priced RTA software system
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »

iPhone AP called RTA and a good mic from Mic-W http://www.mic-w.com/
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

Hello all!

I am looking for reasonably priced RTA software, USB interface and a measurement mic.
I can't stretch to the $895 for the Smaart software at this point but need something to do analysis of rooms & speaker systems in those venues.

Suggestions?

Phil
www.caneps.com

You might take a look at SAT-live if you're working with windows .

http://www.take-sat.de/english/index.php
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:28:14 PM by Timo Beckman »

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »

Hello all!

Suggestions?

Phil
www.caneps.com

SysTune demo version is free and has no time limit.  Limitations are only one average and only one FFT size available.  Otherwise, everything else works.

http://systune.afmg.eu/index.php/st-downloads-en.html

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »

Hello all!

Suggestions?

Phil
www.caneps.com

Hi,

For Software have a look at REW. This has everything you need. More importantly, it's FREE, and the author gives support through the forum. Just sign up to HTS forum and download. The software is currently written in Java, so it runs on PC, MAC, and Linux.

For the microphone, it really depends on budget. This article will give you a few pointers. This forum might also be useful.

Regards.

Iain.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:28:01 PM by Iain Macdonald »

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »

Hello all!

Suggestions?

Phil
www.caneps.com

This is exactly what you asked for all in one package. Includes a microphone for $300 and tax.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=390-790&FTR=390-790

This was designed for Parts Express by Bill Walso, author of Praxis, LAUD and other well regarded audio analyzer solution.

I use Praxis (just under $1k) and OmniMic will not do everything it will, but it covers a lot of functions in a very tight package.

DisClaimer: I have not used the OmniMic so I do not know if there are things missing you MUST have. From what i have read it looks like it gives you what you need for a very fair price. It looks so well thought out I have considered buying it for convenience (And I am a window-shopping Gear Slut)

Clayton Ganzer

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »

Hello all!

Suggestions?

Phil
www.caneps.com

Try using a Firewire interface if you have it available on your laptop. It will yield better results, have a more stable connection, and has lower latency which will allow you to make use of time alignment, delay, and pulse testing. I would highly recommend the Presonus firebox. It was actually sold as an add-on in the beginning when Smaart first started, all the way up to version 5 I believe. If Smaart has tested it and trusts it then so would I, actually I do trust it. It will work with almost every software on the market. Just make sure to double check before you buy your software and interface. And I would recommend that for any software or interface that you look at, check compatibility.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:51 PM »

Try using a Firewire interface if you have it available on your laptop. It will yield better results, have a more stable connection, and has lower latency which will allow you to make use of time alignment, delay, and pulse testing.

You're claiming USB latency prevents accurate "time alignment, delay, and pulse testing"?

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Clayton Ganzer

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »

You're claiming USB latency prevents accurate "time alignment, delay, and pulse testing"?

I didn't say it prevents accuracy. It could definitely hinder accuracy if the latency is to large, I think you could agree with that.
Firewire interfaces tend to have lower latency.

Gert Sanner

• http://www.gert-sanner.com
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »

It could definitely hinder accuracy if the latency is to large,
Firewire interfaces tend to have lower latency.

I would appreciate if you could give a technical explanation for that statement?

It was actually sold as an add-on in the beginning when Smaart first started

It was maybe one of the suggested Interfaces at one point. Smaart actually started  with a Batterie operated Preamp for Phantom Power. Many Years before USB interfaces.
Thanx for reading.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.