ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen and Heath Mixwizard3 16:2 vs. Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2  (Read 24164 times)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Re: Allen and Heath Mixwizard3 16:2 vs. Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 03:23:22 AM »

You just did.

The small SLive still has the ability to record via FireWire and for wireless remote control.

I have both the MixWiz and the Presonus 16.0.2. If I can get away with 12 mic pres, the 16.0.2 will travel with me.  There are a couple things on the 16.0.2 that I'm not thrilled with - gain reduction metering is not available on the auxes or mains, for example.  Another is the inability to control the blend of effects to the monitor mixes - either on or off.  60mm faders.  Unlike its larger siblings, the 16.0.2 does not have dedicated solo, mute, and firewire buttons - they use a multi-function control that changes to the buttons to act differently.

Pluses are size and weight, multitrack recording, comp, gate, varible low-pass filter,  3-band semi-parametric EQ, dedicated talkback, single GEQ dedicted to the mains, and a lot of others.  Did I mention weight?  Oh, like its bigger siblings, it can be IPad controlled.  Board takes all of 10 minutes to adjust to.

It makes me very sad that I'll probably sell the Mix Wiz in the relatively near future - The 16.0.2 has all but replaced the MixWiz. 

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »

It makes me very sad that I'll probably sell the Mix Wiz in the relatively near future - The 16.0.2 has all but replaced the MixWiz.

Frank......

I've held on to my MixWiz 16:2dx as a backup console.  It's the one that rides along just in case the SLive 16:4:2 decides to go belly-up.  Cheap insurance......and you can always use it in conjunction with the SLive if you need more channels or a separate board for a live recording mix.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

PhilKwon

• Canadian Event Production Services
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »

Thank you Mr. Rees for reminding us that you do NOT want to overload a digital input. It sounds extra crappy immediately. No such thing as "soft" clipping in unforgiving digital world.
Chuck
PS: Which channels are "FAT"? Is the feature available on nonfat channels? Thanks for providing us with info which can be frustratingly time-consuming to find sometimes!

There is actually some "soft" clipping in the digital world...the M7CL emulates analog clipping rather than the harsh clicking of the usual digital clipping.
Philippe Kwon
Canadian Event Production Services
www.caneps.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.