ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get my Behringer FBQ2496 Feedback Destroyer to work?  (Read 40618 times)

Scott Shaw

Re: How do I get my Behringer FBQ2496 Feedback Destroyer to work?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »

I had a Behringer 8024 that I used occasionally for feedback control.  I put all filters in single shot mode. Worked great. You must be missing a step somewhere. I'll download the manual later today and reply if I can help.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
How do I get my Behringer FBQ2496 Feedback Destroyer to work?
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »

Had the 1100; sold it and got the 2496. Get rid of it now.

Good alternatives: Alesis DEQ830 which has 8 31 band EQs in one rack space. aRT makes graphic EQs as does Peavey where the offending frequency will light up - this would be a better option than the Behringer.

The units are way too complicated to setup and use, especially for shows. You'll be happier with a simple graphic EQ or parametric EQ. The units are cheap for a reason.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »

I just got this feedback suppressor with the intention of using it on the monitors, and possibly on the mains if it didn't degrade the sound.  I can't seem to make it work even after reading the manual 4 times.  When I push the learn button and increase the volume on the mixer until feedback starts, the unit does not pick it up and notch that frequency.  When I activate the autolearn feature the pa starts clicking then feeding back until my qsc amps start to clip and shut down.  The FBQ2496 says it has no single shot filters and I can't figure out how to set the number manually.  By omission the manual seems to say that the filters will be set automatically during the learn phase, but maybe this is my problem.  I can figure out how to set the number of PEQ filters, but that would mean manually ringing out the system which is what I do now.  Thanks in advance for your help.  This is a great forum

You're not going to like my answer.

Get rid of this unmitigated piece of shit.  Find a Sabine.  Even the old 900 series will be better than Behringer.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »

I just got this feedback suppressor with the intention of using it on the monitors, and possibly on the mains if it didn't degrade the sound.  I can't seem to make it work even after reading the manual 4 times.  When I push the learn button and increase the volume on the mixer until feedback starts, the unit does not pick it up and notch that frequency.  When I activate the autolearn feature the pa starts clicking then feeding back until my qsc amps start to clip and shut down.  The FBQ2496 says it has no single shot filters and I can't figure out how to set the number manually.  By omission the manual seems to say that the filters will be set automatically during the learn phase, but maybe this is my problem.  I can figure out how to set the number of PEQ filters, but that would mean manually ringing out  the system which is what I do now.
The FBQ2496 has a total of 20 filters per channel and Page 8 of the manual, http://www.behringer.com/assets/FBQ2496_P0315_M_EN.pdf, addresses setting filters as Single Shot (automatically set and then locked in), Automatic or Parametric.  Apparently all filters are Automatic unless you define some number per channel to be Single Shot or Parametric.  However, I have a feeling the manual may leave out a step in setting the Single Shot filters as if after going into one of the 'learn' modes no Single Shot filters are indicated to be selected ("S 0") you may have to use the wheel to set the number of filters assigned as Single Shot before they will function as such.

Mark Monson

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »

I had a Behringer 8024 that I used occasionally for feedback control.  I put all filters in single shot mode. Worked great. You must be missing a step somewhere. I'll download the manual later today and reply if I can help.

Thanks Scott.  I agree with your assessment that I must be doing something wrong because the thing is not working at all.  My current thought is that I need to set the number of single shot filters because the display says that it is set at zero.  The manual implies (does not state) that the single shot filters will be set during the learn mode and it has yet to set one in either the learn or autolearn mode.  I don't see how I can set the number of single shot filters manually though.

thanks again

Mark

Mark Monson

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »

The FBQ2496 has a total of 20 filters per channel and Page 8 of the manual, http://www.behringer.com/assets/FBQ2496_P0315_M_EN.pdf, addresses setting filters as Single Shot (automatically set and then locked in), Automatic or Parametric.  Apparently all filters are Automatic unless you define some number per channel to be Single Shot or Parametric.  However, I have a feeling the manual may leave out a step in setting the Single Shot filters as if after going into one of the 'learn' modes no Single Shot filters are indicated to be selected ("S 0") you may have to use the wheel to set the number of filters assigned as Single Shot before they will function as such.

Thanks Brad.  I really appreciate all of your thoughts.  You have come to the same conclusion that I have.  I have figured out how to set the number of parametric filters, but not single shot filters.  The manual states that the number of automatic filters cannot be set manually as the number is determined by how many filters are left after single shot and parametric are set.  I wish Behringer would respond to my questions.

thanks again

Mark

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.