ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building12 Channel Sennheiser G4 system, advice needed  (Read 218 times)

Dennis Haneda

Building12 Channel Sennheiser G4 system, advice needed
« on: March 13, 2024, 03:41:43 PM »

Hi everyone, I’m new at using multiple wireless receivers. The school I work at has 8 Senn EW 100 G4’s and 4 older EW G3’s for a total of 12 receivers with 12 body packs with countryman Lav Mics. I have used all 12 simultaneously on two occasions: First time was outdoors; they were not scanned or all on one bank, needless to say we had hissy drop outs. The second time was indoors in a theatre; I scanned and set them all onto one bank. We had no dropouts, they worked great. Both times we used no ASA Splitters, we only used the supplied short antennas.

It is my understanding that to use these 12 receivers properly, I should purchase 4 ASA Splitters and 2 paddle antennas, so that I can minimize RF interference and intermodulation problems. Id like to install all 12 receivers + 4 ASA’s + BNC mount plate, in one large rack.

I’m a musician and a professional small venue live sound tech. I’ve used wireless many times, but never built a system like this before. I teach at the school where this equipment is used.. It needs to be mobile because we do shows in a couple different locations, and the equipment is sometimes shared with another school. It also needs to be as plug-n-play as a possible, because the school staff have minimal A/V experience.

Am I going the right route here or should I just install all 12 in one rack, or 6 in one and 6 in another rack, and just use the supplied antennas? Do I need to buy the splitters and paddles? We have good line of sight and never more than 75’. Thank you. 

Dennis Haneda

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber