ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NSI 7532 issue  (Read 4601 times)

Bill Bluell

NSI 7532 issue
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »

Have an NSI 7532 that has developed an issue. The console runs in one of three modes, Subs (Submaster mode), ScnB (Two-Scene mode), and Sngl (Wide expanded channels mode).
All functions of the console work properly while in the single mode. The subs and dual scene mode no longer function.  When I say all or nothing, I mean even the simplest blackout is negated with the exception of the menus in the lcd displays. The lcd display and their functions continue to operate in the screen view but have little function otherwise in the sub or two scene modes
Has anyone else run into this problem specific to this console. I would appreciate any insight at all, before I return this boat anchor to NSI. Thanks, Bill

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: NSI 7532 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »

Have an NSI 7532 that has developed an issue. The console runs in one of three modes, Subs (Submaster mode), ScnB (Two-Scene mode), and Sngl (Wide expanded channels mode).
All functions of the console work properly while in the single mode. The subs and dual scene mode no longer function.  When I say all or nothing, I mean even the simplest blackout is negated with the exception of the menus in the lcd displays. The lcd display and their functions continue to operate in the screen view but have little function otherwise in the sub or two scene modes
Has anyone else run into this problem specific to this console. I would appreciate any insight at all, before I return this boat anchor to NSI. Thanks, Bill
The usual problems I've had with older NSI boards are fader or encoder related.  Have you tried moving strategic faders such as the stack fader to a different place?  Sometimes a fader gets flakey and sends a continuous stream of values due to poor contact and that goofs things up.  The encoder can do this too.

Bill Bluell

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »

The usual problems I've had with older NSI boards are fader or encoder related.  Have you tried moving strategic faders such as the stack fader to a different place?  Sometimes a fader gets flakey and sends a continuous stream of values due to poor contact and that goofs things up.  The encoder can do this too.
I would understand if it was older but it is just weeks out of warranty a 2 year warranty. It hasn't been beat and has been case stored. I have seen no change in trying to work fader's or programming options. It is as if the programming for those options has just disappeared. I have reset it but .......

David Ferrell

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

Try calling their tech support.  1-800-959-6004.  We have had very good luck with their phone support, even on products which are WAY out of warranty.  Repairs are usually a flat rate.  They should take care of you if your console is only a month out of warranty.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.