ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 01V96VCM Mixer board Patching  (Read 5622 times)

Charles M.Curtis Jr.

Yamaha 01V96VCM Mixer board Patching
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »

Hello to All,

Praying that someone might be able to help me out here. We have the Yamaha 01V96VCM Mixer and I need to find out if there is a way to setup the board so that only 2 of the 32 channels can be output to the 2TR outputs. The problem I am prsented with is that when we have a guest speaker and we record their message if one of my musicians goes up on stage to play background doesn't matter how low I make them there instrument drowns out the voice. So if I can direct only the two main wireless mic's to the 2tr output then that will solve the problem. However, if anyone can tell me a better way to handle this problem I am certainly open to any suggestions!
   Hope someone can help!

Thanks for any help or sugestions!
Charlie

Taylor Phillips

Re: Yamaha 01V96VCM Mixer board Patching
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »

Hello, Charlie.  First of all, you have to change your displayed to your real full name or the post will get locked by the moderators. (ie where it says 'woodstock' right now needs to say 'Charlie [whatever you last name is]'.

You can patch an Aux to the 2TR output.  Send only the mics you want to the Aux and record that.  With this Aux you can also record the music if you want to with a different mix than what is in the main speakers. 

Kyle Waters

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »

You can patch an Aux to the 2TR output.  Send only the mics you want to the Aux and record that.  With this Aux you can also record the music if you want to with a different mix than what is in the main speakers.

Yeah, what he said

Charles M.Curtis Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »

:)
Hi Taylor,

That is great news! Currently I have everything on stage going through Aux 1 (Main Speakers) and Aux 2 (Monitors). So do I need to use Aux 3 to use for the two wireless mics I am wanting to go to the 2TR output? Or is there a way to to un-patch channels 1 - 14 from going to the 2TR on Aux 1 & Aux 2? I will probably be able to figure it out now that I know it can be done, but if you could provide more detail on how and what I really need to do I would greatly appreciate as much detailed information as you feel comfortable providing!
   Again Thank You so very much for a very quick response and I look forward to any more help you might provide.

Thank You Very Much,
Charlie

Hello, Charlie.  First of all, you have to change your displayed to your real full name or the post will get locked by the moderators. (ie where it says 'woodstock' right now needs to say 'Charlie [whatever you last name is]'.

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »

So do I need to use Aux 3 to use for the two wireless mics I am wanting to go to the 2TR output? Or is there a way to to un-patch channels 1 - 14 from going to the 2TR on Aux 1 & Aux 2?
When you patch something else into the 2TR outputs, only what you patch in there will come out of those ports. The reason everything else is coming through there now is because the default setup has the main mix patched to 2TR outputs. You can patch Aux 3 to both sides of the 2TR outputs or record off of one side only.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »

Hello to All,

Praying that someone might be able to help me out here. We have the Yamaha 01V96VCM Mixer and I need to find out if there is a way to setup the board so that only 2 of the 32 channels can be output to the 2TR outputs. The problem I am prsented with is that when we have a guest speaker and we record their message if one of my musicians goes up on stage to play background doesn't matter how low I make them there instrument drowns out the voice. So if I can direct only the two main wireless mic's to the 2tr output then that will solve the problem. However, if anyone can tell me a better way to handle this problem I am certainly open to any suggestions!
   Hope someone can help!

Thanks for any help or sugestions!
Charlie
Looks like a good block diagram with signal routing would do you good...check your manual

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »

Hi Charlie,
Patching to 2tr outs probably won't work. My V2 block diagram should be the same as the VCM I'm assuming. It parallels the STEREO OUTs which is the mix you don't want to record and there would be no Omni to 2tr patch unless I'm wrong.

Try this- save the present scene and scroll to an open scene and save it again and title it Record or something. Go Patch > Slot Output Patch. Assign say, Omni 3 Stereo L and Omni 4 Stereo R and connect TS to RCA or whatever your recorder input jack is.

Bring up mics on the Aux only what you want to record and set the record level from it's master.

I don't quite understand your patching scheme on your second post.
:)
Hi Taylor,

That is great news! Currently I have everything on stage going through Aux 1 (Main Speakers) and Aux 2 (Monitors).

Are you sending Aux 1 level to Main as the FOH mix and Aux 2 to stage monitors?

Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

My V2 block diagram should be the same as the VCM I'm assuming. It parallels the STEREO OUTs which is the mix you don't want to record and there would be no Omni to 2tr patch unless I'm wrong.
I made sure you could do the patching in Studio Manager before I replied.  Just didn't catch that the 2TR output you can patch to is the 2TR Digital output.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.