ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis DM10  (Read 5038 times)

Michael Galica

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
    • Maskil Audio
Alesis DM10
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »

Anyone have any real-world experience with the DM10 module?  I know it has four outputs that claim to be balanced, but I've run into some things claiming to be balanced that actually weren't.  I've considered getting one for personal use, but want to make sure I'd only need to get some TRS to XLR cables and not a 4-channel DI.

Also, how do they sound real-world?  We all know videos lie.
Mike Galica

Jeremy Johnston

Re: Alesis DM10
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

We have a Pearl E-Pro live electronic drum set. I understand, though it's not officially announced, that the E-Pro brain is a DM10 with different case.

We tried using the Pearl brain for several months and the four output thing was just not workable for us in live worship. We had a Roland TD-10 from a previous electronic set and that has been a much better solution for us. 

The Pearl brain didn't have as many sounds or adjustments for the sounds as the TD-10 does. I don't recall it sounding "bad"; it worked fine as electronic drum brains go, but the outputs and adjustability were not there for our live work.

I do not think the outputs are balanced. We used four DI boxes with the Pearl brain and I bought two four-channel DI units for use with the TD-10. 

If you're using it for practice or recording, then maybe the four outputs will be sufficient, maybe even two outputs would be fine.  I would suggest using DIs with the DM10.

Jeremy Johnston
Technical Ministries
Christian Center, Kalispell

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Alesis DM10
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.