ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32  (Read 114782 times)

Rich Grisier

Re: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:46 AM »

Rick Stansby wrote on Wed, 12 January 2011 01:25

The B*hringer site now shows a picture of the mixer:
index.php/fa/34706/0/

Game Changer?... was that this year's catch phrase at NAMM?
http://gamechanger.music-man.com/media/gfx/wallpaper/gc_1024x768.jpg

Tim Padrick

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2011, 01:44:53 AM »

Douglas R. Allen wrote on Sat, 15 January 2011 13:47

I may have asked this earlier in the thread but its up to 7 pages,...
Does anyone know if it has 32 XLR mic inputs or is it 16 mic pre with adat extras?

Douglas R. Allen

Edit: 32 mic pre's. Digital snake. Records direct to external hard drive to export to DAW or mix down on the board.
$2500? Not to bad.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/01/14/behringer-announce -the-x32/

I don't think the digi snake is included - the preamps are in the surface.

Per Sovik

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »

Just some thoughts:
- The 40 channel limit on processing likely indicates that the processor is fairly limited in power, and that all features are crammed into a single prosessor design to keep the price down.

- Buying digital stage boxes for the mixer will be a bit of a waste since the investment won't expand the system, just make the on-board inputs redundant.

- A 7" display is too small for old guys like me that needs glasses to read the fine print, and that a vga/hdmi output would be fairly welcome

- I still think I want one, but would be prepared to spend a few dollars extra if all boxes on my wish list was ticked.

Craig Walsh

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »

Per Sovik wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 08:12

Just some thoughts:
- The 40 channel limit on processing likely indicates that the processor is fairly limited in power, and that all features are crammed into a single prosessor design to keep the price down.

- Buying digital stage boxes for the mixer will be a bit of a waste since the investment won't expand the system, just make the on-board inputs redundant.

- A 7" display is too small for old guys like me that needs glasses to read the fine print, and that a vga/hdmi output would be fairly welcome

- I still think I want one, but would be prepared to spend a few dollars extra if all boxes on my wish list was ticked.

There's no way of knowing how many DSP processors (or what they are) in this new desk for the moment. I do find the processing channel limit a little strange, especially since they describe the desk as having two AES50 ports. Each port supports 48 channels, so I'd think that would be 40 in, 8 return. That seems like a very reasonable digital snake system, but then they said that their stage boxes that will connect via AES50 will have 16 in 8 out (which will be around $600 each). So, with three of these stage boxes, you have 48 inputs and 24 returns on stage, wasting 8 inputs. I wonder if they plan for a potential processing upgrade with their expansion slots (seems unlikely to me). While odd, it's still an amazing deal for what appears a fully functional digital snake/mixer combo.

As for the screen, I think the 7" LCD screen will probably be sufficient for most. However, their site indicates that it will come with remote control software that can be driven either by USB or its ethernet port. So, you could bring a laptop (instead of an LCD monitor) and have full control. I would imagine it possible to set this remote control software to function over WiFi, similar to what's done with Yamaha mixers.

leon garrity

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »

Im thinking of getting this mixer,but the tiny screen is not good for live having to look over and focus!!!!!!!!! will there be a facility to implement an external monitor?

reguards Leon

leon garrity

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2011, 06:56:43 AM »

Im a presonus 16.4.2 user at the moment but this mixer seems a lot more for the buck so to speak.

Leon

Craig Walsh

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

From what has been said, it will come with remote control software and can hook up to a laptop via either the ethernet or USB port on the rear of the unit. Since it provides an ethernet port, it should be possible to connect up a wireless router and connect wirelessly to a laptop. Thus, it should be able to be controlled from a laptop similar to what can be done with Yamaha digital mixers. It remains to be seen how well this is implemented, of course.

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

Craig Walsh wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 09:29

From what has been said, it will come with remote control software and can hook up to a laptop via either the ethernet or USB port on the rear of the unit. Since it provides an ethernet port, it should be possible to connect up a wireless router and connect wirelessly to a laptop. Thus, it should be able to be controlled from a laptop similar to what can be done with Yamaha digital mixers. It remains to be seen how well this is implemented, of course.

What remains to be seen is if the product actually makes it to market.  I said in my early post that this was vaporware and likely to remain so for some time.  That the unit at NAMM was under glass reinforces my opinion.

At some point they will have a product, and I think it's likely that you will see the feature set reduced, rather than expanded by that time.  Option cards will eventually handle the bigger feature set.

Or I could be wrong... but on products that doesn't happen often.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

leon garrity

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »

So you think this is just one big smoke screen.

Mayne because the company has aquired major other companies then to give credit where folks think ooooooooooooooooo not good,the company has to come up with a good product,but just because it is a sexy looking board means nothing in my terms.

Now

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »

That's not what I said, Leon.

I called it 'vaporware' and I stand by that assessment until it is more than a rigged mock-up.  I don't doubt that eventually this, or a similar product will come to market but with a different feature set "as standard equipment."

"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.