ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ballista sub?  (Read 11052 times)

David Stiles

Re: ballista sub?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »

hi iain,,,yes thats exactly what i am looking at.

as u suggested, the 15T as infill etc was kind of how i thought.
but,i did wonder if 1 15x2 was the recommendation to compliment 2 1262's,and how it should be stacked,,its not big enough on its side to have both 1262s on top,and standing vertically between the 1262s just doesnt seem right to me,,but i could be wrong,,i am frequently hahaha,,,,
both the 2x15 and 1262 box sizes seem to match well for staking the 1262 ontop of a vertical standing 15x2,,so i am wondering if there are another 2 kick boxes around the complex somewhere that i havnt seen yet(there are bits and peices of stuff everywhere) and its not uncommon for a lot of thai "engineers" to do some very strange things at times.
i am currently working on 4 rooms in this complex,,and havnt had time to do anything to this system(check wiring,dsp settings etc),but i did "fix" some terrible gain structure problems from the dj and live artists,(this is a side stage mix and all of the artists like to fiddle with knobs and see pretty flashing  lights,,preferably red of course).
i had access to main eq to the system and even though deployed wrong(i think)it definately shows potential.
cant wait to stack the subs correctly(maybe tomorrow),,should make a huge difference and get a little more low extension,,stacked as they are is still quite powerful,,but doesnt have much throw,,and it will be good to get the highs above peoples head height.(another reason i think i am missing more kick boxes for this system).

Iain_Macdonald

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

David,

The 15x2 is 120 degrees approx dispersion. So having it in the middle makes sense, because the 1262 is only 55 degrees dispersion. I think that just one of these is probably enough for the size of room. Of course DJ's can never have enough!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2688578 The room size seems to have changed Cool

Iain.

David Stiles

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »

hi iain,,
thank you for ur continuing support with this,i appreciate it.

ok,,i will try the kick box vertically between the 1262s and see how it balances up.

wow,,u have a keen eye for details,,,yes,in reality i think the room is somewhere between what i wrote on this thread and on the other forum,,,if i get some spare time i will actually measure it,, Embarassed ,,,but i havnt had time to scratch myself lately.
strange how the room looks different size at night with  people and club lighting etc compared to daylight in an empty room.

tomorrow is the day to do a rework of this room,so i will let u know the results.
ill try to remember to post a screenshot of smaart response for it.

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

David Stiles wrote on Thu, 14 October 2010 12:09

i have been called in to do some work on a system that i am trying to find information for,,,
has anyone heard of a sub model called ballista?no other identifying information is available(company name)i thought i had memorised the model number,but cannot recall now.
also the dsp there is called Mobo?,,currently in locked mode.the original installer cannot be located.looks like i will need to do a factory reset if i can find more info.
the owner said the installer was dutch,so possibly gear of european origin.the system is in thailand,so i am assuming it was installed by someone here on holiday 5-7 yrs ago.

This has no consequence for the OP in any way, just a FYI, Martin (and the audio division Mach) are Danish designs.  They still have a big factory in Denmark, but I believe they are only making the top lines there nowadays.

David Stiles

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 10:56:30 PM »

thanks kristian.

David Stiles

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »

ok,,spent about 5 hrs today rewiring everything and doing initial dsp parameters etc,,,WOW....it was in a real mess.

stepped out the room iain,,about 17m wide,and 35m long.

i can see the potential of this rig.but its a shame it is in this size room,,i pitty the first few rows of people standing in front of the stacks tonight as the 1262s are still very low and basically at head height.

smaart trace captures are on my other pc at the venue,so cant post at the moment.

Iain_Macdonald

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

Kristian Johnsen wrote on Mon, 18 October 2010 23:08

This has no consequence for the OP in any way, just a FYI, Martin (and the audio division Mach) are Danish designs.  They still have a big factory in Denmark, but I believe they are only making the top lines there nowadays.

The design concepts, and most of the R&D on David's products, were done by an English designer who I know. The rest by an ex JBL employee.  

MACH speakers are no longer available, only a few remaining spare parts. The speaker production facility was closed. This I just checked with Martin Denmark to make sure it was correct. Martin regularly get requests for the product. Service and spare parts information is available direct.

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/25711/Martin-Professional-cease s-manufacture-of-Mach-speakers

Iain.

David Stiles

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »

i think ur friend and the jbl guy did a great job on this series,,its a shame to see good products like this discontinued.
another sad thing about this installation apart from the room, is the fact that it is getting used for 3 vocals and a 1 man band keyboard player  Rolling Eyes

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »

Ia1n Macd0nald wrote on Tue, 19 October 2010 18:03

Kristian Johnsen wrote on Mon, 18 October 2010 23:08

The design concepts, and most of the R&D on David's products, were done by an English designer who I know. The rest by an ex JBL employee.  

MACH speakers are no longer available, only a few remaining spare parts. The speaker production facility was closed. This I just checked with Martin Denmark to make sure it was correct. Martin regularly get requests for the product. Service and spare parts information is available direct.

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/25711/Martin-Professional-cease s-manufacture-of-Mach-speakers

Iain.

I should have worded that differently, along the lines of "Mach is/was a part of Martin, a Danish brand" - thanks for setting me straight Smile

Edit:  To add:  The factory I referred to says "Martin lighting".

Iain_Macdonald

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »

KJ,

If I understood their spokesperson correctly, the facility also manufactured Jem smoke machines. These continue to be manufactured there. I think you are correct in saying that only the top end products are still manufactured in Denmark.

Iain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.