ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Line 6 V70 Wireless Mics 2010  (Read 26617 times)

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
Re: Line 6 V70 Wireless Mics 2010
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 05:12:18 PM »

Craig Leerman wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 18:15

BTW, there are no gain controls on the transmitters, and no volume controls on the receivers. Its like plugging in a wired mic.

I find this to be a very good feature for anyone working in a situation where there are multiple bands on the bill and the third band wants to switch out the house lead vocal with his wireless.

Yeah, you will always have to worry about things like monitor EQ and such, but that's the same when you switch out any mic with a different mic.

I find the (potential) wild differences in output levels to be a much bigger issue to have to deal with.

Actually, when you think about it, being able to model the house mic used in the shithole du jour seems like a really nifty idea for all these lower-rung touring bands forced to use whatever pile of crap they happen upon in their quest for fame.

Hey Boomer, I want royalties if you choose to use "shithole du jour" in the marketing materials!  Cool

Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Steve Hurt

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »

Don Boomer wrote on Mon, 11 October 2010 14:55

There is a much better element in the XD-V70 than there was in the 955 (which was a legacy product)and the rear rejection is about 8 dB better at 180 degrees

What's the difference between the XD-V70 and the XD-V30 other than extra channels and longer transmission distance capability?
Any difference in the capsule? modeling differences? etc?

Brian Gowing

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »

Craig,

PM sent.
Technical Consultant
Christian & Missionary Alliance

Don Boomer

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 01:32:17 AM »

Very little.  The mic capsules are the same.  Couple extra dB of dynamic range in the V70's.

The V70 has 6 extra channels, is rack mountable, has user selectable mic models (the V30 has only one and it is fixed) and the V70 has a user adjustable "environment" filter (a  downward expander combined with a dynamic HP filter).

The V70 also has external antennas with bias voltage to run paddles (with built-in amp).  There is also a antenna pass-through/distro system built-in.

The V70 has a LCD screen on both the TX and RX which shows battery time in hours and minutes and you can assign a name to the TX which then shows up on the RX with up to 6 characters(both beltpack and handheld)
Don Boomer
Wireless Sales Engineer
Line 6, inc.

Jay Barracato

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »

The more I look at this, the more I like the feature set.

I really like the frequency range allows for the short, hard covered anteneas on the lav transmitters, and the antenea/amplifier system for using multples.
Jay Barracato
Solomons MD

Tim Duncan

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »

I read somewhere that the transmitters are line of site to the receivers.  I am looking at using these for a youth theater.  Do the transmitter work fine if under clothing and providing that the receivers are within range?

Thanks!
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.  ~Robert Fulghum

Daniel Cash

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 01:15:33 PM »

Tim Duncan wrote on Wed, 24 November 2010 08:19

I read somewhere that the transmitters are line of site to the receivers.  I am looking at using these for a youth theater.  Do the transmitter work fine if under clothing and providing that the receivers are within range?

Thanks!

I just got a set of these mics last week as part of the road test. I have been using them for the last week, but haven't got around to writing up a full review yet.

To answer your question, they work like any other RF wireless mic you have used. I am running them side by side with Sennheiser G2 equipment, and they perform comparability. No line of sight required.

Steve Hurt

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »

Daniel Cash wrote on Wed, 24 November 2010 13:15

Tim Duncan wrote on Wed, 24 November 2010 08:19

Thanks!

I just got a set of these mics last week as part of the road test. I have been using them for the last week, but haven't got around to writing up a full review yet.

To answer your question, they work like any other RF wireless mic you have used. I am running them side by side with Sennheiser G2 equipment, and they perform comparability. No line of sight required.

Good info to know Daniel!

If you get time and the inclination, please post what you think about the sound of the mic  and Gain before feedback, when you get a chance.  I am strongly considering getting one or more of these.

Thanks!

Tim Duncan

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »

Thanks for the feedback (no pun intended).

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.  ~Robert Fulghum

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »

Line of sight literally means "you can see the receiver location from the transmitter location."  No  buildings, mountains, or throngs of flesh between the 2 devices.

The Line6 units are no different than other RF devices in this respect, allowing for the much shorter wavelengths of the 2.4gHz band...

Have fun, etc.

Tim Mc

"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.