ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power load question involving IT8000  (Read 2765 times)

William May

Power load question involving IT8000
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »

Hello and thanks for reading!

I lost an IT8000 and Harman still has yet to return it to me from being fixed.  My other IT8K runs all 4 of my SRX728s but I have been using a 110 with 30 amp circ. for headroom, etc.  I have yet to run all 4 on one amp with a dedicated 20 amp circ. which is all I have available to me at the venue tonight because they won't let me use my PD.  I'm just looking to see if anyone has had any personal experience with the two in the same dilemma.  I'm worried about blowing the breaker often, and I was curious even if I turned them down, would I still reap a better overall gain dropping 4 subs rather than 2 with the amp's output attenuated.  My amps are RMS limited to the 728s RMS value (because of the music we play), and they will be used tonight for bass heavy dance music like Glitch Hop and Dubstep (sounds like: http://soundcloud.com/bensamples/drop-bombs )   

Please don't hop on here and redirect me to JBL/Crown literature, as I have gone through all of it, I was simply looking for someone with some hands on.

Thanks a lot for your time gents,

Bill May
FreQ. Factory

Let me apologize now, I lost my old account and I am trying to change my name to my actual name as the forum rules follow, but am having all sorts of issues with the website making that happen. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:32:10 AM by FreQ. Factory »

Tracy Garner

Re: Power load question involving IT8000
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »

I run 4 JBL725 on one IT8000 all the time on a 15 amp breaker and play hip-hop, dance, etc. and haven't had a problem with it.

I often run 4 JBL 728 on an IT8000 on the same 15amp breaker and hardly have breaker issues on a 15-20 amp.

I haven't noticed more current drain at 2 Ohms than 4 Ohms. It appears to me that the breakers trip pretty much at the same attenuation. Actually, my DR260 on the same circuit usually mutes/reboots itself from low voltage before the breaker trips. That is usually my clue to turn the system down...

I play a reggae show all the time with 2 IT8000 @2ohm per channel on a 30amp circuit and haven't blown the breaker yet. I don't do any output limiting (my dumbness) either.

William May

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »

I run 4 JBL725 on one IT8000 all the time on a 15 amp breaker and play hip-hop, dance, etc. and haven't had a problem with it.

I often run 4 JBL 728 on an IT8000 on the same 15amp breaker and hardly have breaker issues on a 15-20 amp.

Damn!  I was always careful and built my PD with a lot more power than I knew I needed, but I didn't know you could pull that off.  Good to know.  Thanks for your input!

Tracy Garner

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

If you have the distro, definitely use it as there is a positive performance difference when the amps have ample AC. If you don't try to drive your amps to the limit all night, you should be OK through one 1 or 2 20 amp circuits.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.