ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FCC Banned Wireless Frequencies Chart  (Read 7382 times)

Dennis Wiggins

FCC Banned Wireless Frequencies Chart
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

This may have already been posted. In case it hasn't, here it is.  

You can look up your existing wireless system and see what frequencies have been banned.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones/manufacturers.htm l

-Dennis

edit-  

There is apparently an internet source where one can determine the local TV station transmitting frequencies, based on Zip Code.  Does any one know where it is?

I did find this bit of info...

Post-transistion UHF TV band(After analog shut off) :

Channel 14-51 = 470-698MHZ

Note that Channel 37(608~614MHZ) is not used for TV broadcasting, as it is allocated for Radio Astronomy.

-DW
Good music is good forever, but you can't make bad music sound good.  You can only turn it down.

Mike Pyle

Re: FCC Banned Wireless Frequencies Chart
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »

Dennis Wiggins wrote on Fri, 06 August 2010 10:25

There is apparently an internet source where one can determine the local TV station transmitting frequencies, based on Zip Code.  Does any one know where it is?

Better than that, just enter your zip code or city/state here and hit "SEND":
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/findfrequency/

Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Henry Cohen

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »

Dennis Wiggins wrote on Fri, 06 August 2010 13:25

I did find this bit of info...

Post-transistion UHF TV band(After analog shut off) :

Channel 14-51 = 470-698MHZ

Note that Channel 37(608~614MHZ) is not used for TV broadcasting, as it is allocated for Radio Astronomy.

Are you under the impression this is new information, or as yet undiscovered by the pro audio community? I'm not being sarcastic; I'm actually quite curious.
Henry Cohen
Production Radio Rentals
----------------------------------
"Every new radio emitter since Marconi’s 2nd transmitter has caused interference to other systems!" - Michael Marcus, Oct '07

Eric Wong!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »

Good info. I was on a gig in late June far away from home- where we had used a rented Shure Beta58 wireless unit from my light guy's brother who plays in a band. I looked at the frequency and it was 700 Mhz. Looked at the FCC site, and sure enough that was a unit that was banned!  Sad   Fearing that we might get interference and that it was now illegal, I went to a local music store the morning of the gig and bought a new unit. I made less money that gig Sad but at least I have a new wireless system which (hopefully) will stay legal!

Eric Simna

• http://eric.simnaweb.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

Dennis Wiggins wrote on Fri, 06 August 2010 13:25

I believe you are looking for the site http://www.fccinfo.com.  At least thats what I used when I updated my frequency sheet I got from one of the SBE cords in my area.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »

Thanks, Mike.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  The point of this post is that the FCC "banned frequency" list is not the whole story.  You must also be aware of any local TV transmitters.

-Dennis Wiggins
Good music is good forever, but you can't make bad music sound good.  You can only turn it down.

Henry Cohen

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »

Dennis Wiggins wrote on Mon, 09 August 2010 12:21

The point of this post is that the FCC "banned frequency" list is not the whole story.  You must also be aware of any local TV transmitters. (emphasis added)

That's been the case since wireless mics were introduced in the 50's (or 40's depending on who's telling the story).
Henry Cohen
Production Radio Rentals
----------------------------------
"Every new radio emitter since Marconi’s 2nd transmitter has caused interference to other systems!" - Michael Marcus, Oct '07
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.