ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose panaray  (Read 29420 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

Re: Bose panaray
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »

Reduced stage volume covers MANY, MANY sins, and IMO is second only to the quality of the talent on stage as far as factors that affect the sound.

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 01:06:22 AM »

Art Welter wrote on Sat, 24 July 2010 19:51

Bose has many different speakers in the “Panaray” line, most of which are appropriate for restaurant background music systems or light vocal PA work.

The Panaray LT 9400 is a two way 200-16 kHz 121 dB-SPL horn loaded box.

index.php/fa/31580/0/

Was that the model that you used?

Art, you must be confusing the Bose LT line with another line of Bose products. The LT are Long Throw (LT) and are usually installed in sport stadiums. They would not be used in a restaurant for background  music.
I was working in tech support at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver (BC Place and Hockey Place) and snapped the attached photo of the Bose sound system that is installed at the Hockey Place (GM Place). Looks like some of the Bose LT speakers along with Bose 502B and MB24 subwoofers.index.php/fa/31597/0/

Dave Rickard

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:16 AM »

Robert Lunceford wrote on Sun, 25 July 2010 23:06

Art, you must be confusing the Bose LT line with another line of Bose products. The LT are Long Throw (LT) and are usually installed in sport stadiums. They would not be used in a restaurant for background  music.

No one ever uses the wrong tool for the job.....    Rolling Eyes
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Art Welter

Which Bose Panaray ?
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »

I’m not confused, merely curious as to which Panaray products the OP used, a question he still has not answered.

The Panaray LT 9400 certainly is different than the Panaray MB4 or the Panaray 302A or Panaray 802III, though they all have Panaray in the name.

Robert Lunceford

Re: Which Bose Panaray ?
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »

Art Welter wrote on Mon, 26 July 2010 17:17

I’m not confused, merely curious as to which Panaray products the OP used, a question he still has not answered.

The Panaray LT 9400 certainly is different than the Panaray MB4 or the Panaray 302A or Panaray 802III, though they all have Panaray in the name.

My mistake, you are correct Art. A good number of speakers in the "Panaray" line ARE suitable for restaurant background systems.  The picture of the LT got me off track.
From the op's description I would guess that he was using the Bose MA12 as they are the only speaker in the Panaray line that would be considered a tower. The MA12 can be used with 502B, 502BP, MB4, MB12 or MB24 subwoofers.
index.php/fa/31606/0/

Joe Brugnoni

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

Sorry guys, the pictures just posted are the "sticks" that where provided to use, There is a powered base that goes with them that holds them up.  I was told the subs where larger than the normal ones for the set up but I do not know the numbers and neither did the person supplying them because I asked Smile

If I am correct the subs appeared to have 4 front loaded 6 or 8 inch speakers..

They drove them with a crown power base two or something like that.
Be nice to everyone as you can learn something from anybody

Art Welter

Re: Which Bose Panaray ? The Quiet one..
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »

index.php/fa/31608/0/
Just checked with a dB meter, I can yell louder than a MA12's maximum acoustic output  Laughing .

Jack Littleton

• http://www.jacklittleton.com
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »

I just used the Panaray system for the first time on a Grammy-winning pianist. I did my homework on the system ahead of time, hoping for no surprises. It performed great and this is not the first time I've been surprised by little Bose speakers! These were dual MA12's per side and two subs under the stage, crossed over at 140 with a Driverack and the overall EQ was smile-curved in the Driverack, as Bose recommends (not EXACTLY to their specs, but similar). Sounded pretty flat to me. The system is 160 degrees wide! A friend of mine in Virginia owns a vineyard where local noise ordinances are strict and installed a similar setup to the one I used for special events. He says it throws 85db 200 feet (but he has plenty of pump on his dance floor). So, if you have the right application these can be cool speakers.
A friend of mine attended the briefing on "The Roswell Incident" and I once changed clothes in Jackson Browne's bathroom.

Jared Chrysostom

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 11:56:30 PM »

Joe Brugnoni wrote on Mon, 26 July 2010 21:13

Sorry guys, the pictures just posted are the "sticks" that where provided to use, There is a powered base that goes with them that holds them up.  I was told the subs where larger than the normal ones for the set up but I do not know the numbers and neither did the person supplying them because I asked Smile

If I am correct the subs appeared to have 4 front loaded 6 or 8 inch speakers..

They drove them with a crown power base two or something like that.

This thread is back from the dead, eh?

An L1 system of some sort would be what the OP used, unless some other product has the L1-style "power stand"?

Bill Burford

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

the "pan" array isn't even an array in the sense of a true "speaker array" the way it is professionally used as a term.

The word "array" means a 2 dimensional arangement of nodes.. so
"technically" it is an array of 2 inch speakers but it doesn't qualify as a "speaker array" in the way a real speaker array does.

a array has a constant-curvature single-horn assembly accross multiple perfectly aligned (single axis) High Frequency drivers. This is very important for phasing issues.

The tower doesn't even have HF... it tops off somewhere around 16k..
to me they sound like they top off at 12k.

The tower consists of speakers arranged along a column and they aim in all kinds of different angles.  There is no HORN... there aren't even individual horns... This is NOTHING like a speaker array.  And because I read the B.S. marketing LIE which makes claims for using the same "array" technology which big clubs and venues use that Bose prints in magazines.. this really does piss me off.

I have nothing against Bose-- I have everything against BULLCRAP CLAIMS.

if Bose came out with a real array node and made them low-power and decent enough where people could possibly power multiple light-weight nodes using cheapo COTS amplifiers.... then I'd say they did something pretty cool.  There might even be a market for that.  but I personally am entirely sick of 2 inch speakers.
they should come out with some decent titanium diaphragm drivers and design a nice horn.. and if they could come up with maybe a 4 or 6... even 8 inch woofer for the nodes... and pull off something to make it extremely light weight, loud, clear, and make it respond down to 80Hz and possibly -3db at 75Hz
-10 db at 70Hz

Then I will say good things about them.. but the pan-array in my opinion just isn't even entertaining to watch.. I get angry about the advertising claims watching those things on the floor.  
Think about it, you don't really hear this kind of claim from any other manufacturer..
By the same standard, any halfstack is a "speaker array".
The worst claims that exist besides this array claim are really only made by 1 or 2 entry level companies (who probably clean up in sales btw) -- they add up "peak" power at 4 ohms for all channels and put that number on the box!
At least you can make that number (by adding up the cabs) if you use 4 ohm cabs.
write me a cheque and I will tell you a secret you won't forget.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.