ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey VSX 48 Issues  (Read 2673 times)

Randall "Btm Fdr" Cook

Peavey VSX 48 Issues
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »

This past Friday and Saturday, my VSX48 started changing/jumping through presets out of the blue.  Right in the middle of the band paying a song... BOTH NIGHTS!  I thought it may have gotten too hot, so I put a fan blowing into the back of the rack Saturday and it still happened.  I had to stop the show entirely, unplug the unit, wait a few seconds, start it back up, and reload my preset.

I cannot afford to go through that again.  Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you!
Randall

Dave Barker

Re: Peavey VSX 48 Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »

A post on the Peavey site should get you a pretty quick response from Marty.  Or a direct call to him.

http://forums.peavey.com/viewforum.php?f=29&sid=6ec0ad0d 4073e9f4392a5588e855fb89

John Ward

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Pitch it.
"Suck It Up and Step Out. It's not the things you wish for or whine about that comes about. It's the things you passionately want in life that makes all the difference." Dr.Scott Knight

Whit Hutchinson

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »

Randall Cook wrote on Mon, 07 June 2010 20:55

This past Friday and Saturday, my VSX48 started changing/jumping through presets out of the blue.  Right in the middle of the band paying a song... BOTH NIGHTS!  I thought it may have gotten too hot, so I put a fan blowing into the back of the rack Saturday and it still happened.  I had to stop the show entirely, unplug the unit, wait a few seconds, start it back up, and reload my preset.

I cannot afford to go through that again.  Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you!
Randall

Sticky menu scroll button?

Jesus, that could be catastrophic lol.   A little bit of wrong x-over through the right cabs with the wrong gain boost and there goes any profit you have made for a while.
I have learned in my life:

-Pretty girls don't stay single long
- KF 850s  over SB 1000s per side was designed to be a percussion instrument rather than a "soundpretty thing".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.