ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elation Platnium 5R  (Read 24458 times)

Steve Ferreira

Elation Platnium 5R
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:39:50 AM »

Anybody using this light? Features and price are very appealing.

Take care,

Steve

Chad Costanzo

• http://www.PyxisIndustries.com
Re: Elation Platnium 5R
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

Played with it at the trade show... The light field from the lamp is amazing.  I will defiantly spec these onto some installs

Chad Costanzo

President
Pyxis Industries
888-PYXISAV
Chad@PyxisIndustries.com
http://Http://www.PyxisIndustries.com
Dealer: Elation, ADJ, Audix, Shure, Audio Technica, EV, Midas, KT, Heil,  Global, Avant, Antari, Hosa, & MORE

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:23 AM »

Chad Costanzo wrote on Thu, 22 July 2010 00:05

I will defiantly spec these onto some installs

LOL - sometimes this mistake comes at a great time!

Lamp looks interesting, though - especially the wash functionality.

Paul Lea

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

Got a chance to play with them, they are bright, FAST and really lightweight. You find yourself not really believing what you see.  If it was CMY it would be all over for me.

Great color, even beam field.

That being said, it will be the new light that we use if they ever start shipping them.......
Paul Lea

Owner - Midwest Sound and Production, LLC

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »

Bright compared to what?

I thought the 5R was a cheapo bulb that was being introduced for low end fixtures? Am I wrong here?

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:22:15 AM »

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) wrote on Wed, 04 August 2010 06:32

Bright compared to what?

I thought the 5R was a cheapo bulb that was being introduced for low end fixtures? Am I wrong here?

No expert here but you can see in a video on YouTube from their booth at some show (I forget which) that it's quite a bit superior to both their 250-watt discharge and even a 500-watt one. And it's field is completely even white where all the others (they have like 8 different comparable fixtures right next to it, all pointing to a white wall) are very uneven by comparison.

So it's my impression that they're not a budget-thing.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

Now that this are being shipped, any users?
Take care,

Steve

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »

I have a pair and am planning on replacing my MAC250's with them.  Paul's description of being "bright, FAST, and really lightweight" is spot on.  I love the frost feature; rather than looking into a separate wash unit I now can buy the same fixture to do either task.  It is much brighter with no color and the saturated colors such as red (completely unusable on the MAC250) are highly visible.  The gobos are a little more difficult to remove than on a MAC250, but it's not a deal breaker.  The menu system is easier to navigate with full color and actual text.

Scott Flaws

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »

just got a pair today, i will be firing them up tomorrow and comparing the them to the Accu 300( msd250 ) and a Accu Spot 575. very anxious to see what they can do.

Scott Flaws

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »

Update:::: these lights are very very impressive. I have since bought 6 more, the output is unreal. The colors are great, they are smooth in motion and very quiet. there is not one thing bad to say about them. although they do run warm, the 5r lamp is truly truly amazing.

Kevin Esprella

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »

Elation's also introduced a new 15r lamp that they say has  comparable output to 700 and some 1200 watt movers. Also it has got CMY color mixing.

About $3700 a fixture.

Scott Raymond

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »

Kevin Esprella wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 09:48

Elation's also introduced a new 15r lamp that they say has  comparable output to 700 and some 1200 watt movers. Also it has got CMY color mixing.

About $3700 a fixture.

Where'd you find it (Platinum 15R) for that?  I've only seen it around $5000.  They also have the Platinum 5R PRO that is CMY and zoom for around $3000.

Scott

Kevin Esprella

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »

I have a contact out of upstate New York. I can send you his info if you'ld like.

Kevin

Scott Flaws

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »

IF your looking for something specific, i am an authorized Elation dealer. Pm me what your looking for.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 11:51:42 PM »

I finally got some decent pictures of the Platinum Spot 5R in use so I'll link to them here.  There are 3 PS5R's hanging directly from the truss and 2 MAC250's on 24" drop downs.

www.nomadicpro.net/photos/circasurvive13.jpg

Adam Finlayson

• http://www.quakecentralsound.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »

Interesting... I assume the MAC250s are not dimmed.  Are they old type MAC250s or modern Entours?

It seems that the 5Rs are brighter by a significant amount, and bearing in mind their comprehensive feature set and the fact they are cheaper than 250s, look like a real alternative to the mainstream manufacturers smaller moving heads.

I'll need to get a demo of them...

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »

Adam Finlayson wrote on Tue, 22 February 2011 23:17

Interesting... I assume the MAC250s are not dimmed.  Are they old type MAC250s or modern Entours?

It seems that the 5Rs are brighter by a significant amount, and bearing in mind their comprehensive feature set and the fact they are cheaper than 250s, look like a real alternative to the mainstream manufacturers smaller moving heads.

I'll need to get a demo of them...

You are correct, the MAC250's are not dimmed, and there are low hours on these lamps.  They are the original MAC250's, not Plus, Krypton, or Entour.  I have used the newer versions and they are a bit brighter than the old style but still not nearly as bright as the PS5R.  When I get double booked and have to use the MAC250's by themselves it makes me really miss the PS5R.  I really can't wait to get rid of the MAC250's and plan on having at least 8 PS5R's this year.

Besides the fact that they're brighter, they're also smaller and lighter weight than the MAC250's.  I really noticed this on a gig a couple of weeks ago while climbing a ladder with the MAC250's...

Adam Finlayson

• http://www.quakecentralsound.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »

I currently have Mac250 Entours/ washes etc in hire stock and sometimes I find myself wishing for something a bit brighter.  I'll need to check the 5R out.

Cheers
Adam
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.