ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shunt audio at night  (Read 3217 times)

Kevin Rhodus

Shunt audio at night
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »

I have a small installation that I am doing that just consists of a music source feeding 2 amps for outdoor ambient sound. I am interested in finding a device that will shunt audio at a preset time (ie turn off at 8pm, turn on at 9am). Preferably it should be network controllable and able to work with multiple units at once (ie set one time that goes out to all the systems on the network at once). Does anyone know of any products that will do this?

Tom Young

Re: Shunt audio at night
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:43:43 AM »

At least a few of the current crop of flexible DSP devices have "event schedulers" that will perform this function and can also be networked.

Biamp's Audia stuff comes to mind and I have ben very pleased with the quality of this line over time. I *think* they provide an event scheduler function.

HTH
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Adam Kane

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »

Tom Young wrote on Tue, 04 May 2010 06:43

At least a few of the current crop of flexible DSP devices have "event schedulers" that will perform this function and can also be networked.

Biamp's Audia stuff comes to mind and I have ben very pleased with the quality of this line over time. I *think* they provide an event scheduler function.

HTH

I believe Symnet can be added to that list.

Also, a lot of DSP's can be set to recall saved presets via a dry contact closure.  We used something similar to this http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=PS-REL once with an Ashly 24.24 processor.  The electrician provided us an outlet that was switched with the timer that controlled the showroom lighting.  When the lights turned off shortly after business hours, a preset was recalled that had the music inputs muted for certain areas of the building (paging, was still active everywhere and music was still playing in the areas where 3rd shift employees worked).  A little crude perhaps, but given their budget, it was a good way to give them what they wanted.

Robert Sims

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »

If you have any component in the system that is relay controllable, ie: amp mute circuit you could try these.

http://www.controlbyweb.com/

Robert Sims

Andrew McDonald

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

+1 for Symetrix 760 Event scheduler. Bar management love it as the staff don't touch the system.  Razz

Kevin Rhodus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:53:21 PM »

We just installed a Symetrix 760 for one of our systems. I agree it is a wonderful box, however it is a bit pricey for some of the smaller systems, especially when the DSP functionality isn't needed. That is why I am looking for something just plain and simple. We are playing with the idea of an Extron IPL T PC1 and either a small mixer or a powered RDL box (like 3-way eq or mixer or whatever is cheapest). Has anybody done something like this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.