ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinion's on Bose speakers?..  (Read 53638 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

Re: Opinion's on Bose speakers?..
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »

Bob Morein wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 18:13

Funny, but I've spoken to Bose Pro staff several times and NO ONE knows you, Mr. Leonard.

You claim the 802 series is junk and "is all in the hands of professionals".  Clearly all of these PROFESSIONALS know and hear much better than YOU do.  Pros would never use something that didn't sound as good as they could make it.  

You're just another in the sad old Bose bashers that can't stand that your disproven, but preconceived notions of how to do audio have been shattered by Bose science.

Out of curiosity, Mr. 1st Post, who the heck are you and what are your credentials that should cause us to give weight to what your very strong opinion?

Professionals use whatever the gig calls for.  Sometimes they get to spec a system, often they are called to apply their professional talents to whatever situation they walk into.  The definition of a pro is making the show go with whatever circumstances are present - not somone who happens to have a gig where they get to go shopping for whatever they want, though that is certainly a nice perk.

Jay Barracato

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 07:47:07 PM »

TJ (Tom) Cornish wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 18:27

Funny, but I've spoken to Bose Pro staff several times and NO ONE knows you, Mr. Leonard.

You claim the 802 series is junk and "is all in the hands of professionals".  Clearly all of these PROFESSIONALS know and hear much better than YOU do.  Pros would never use something that didn't sound as good as they could make it.  

You're just another in the sad old Bose bashers that can't stand that your disproven, but preconceived notions of how to do audio have been shattered by Bose science.

Out of curiosity, Mr. 1st Post, who the heck are you and what are your credentials that should cause us to give weight to what your very strong opinion?

Professionals use whatever the gig calls for.  Sometimes they get to spec a system, often they are called to apply their professional talents to whatever situation they walk into.  The definition of a pro is making the show go with whatever circumstances are present - not somone who happens to have a gig where they get to go shopping for whatever they want, though that is certainly a nice perk.

Try a google search on the name.
Jay Barracato
Solomons MD

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

Oh oh... "shattered by Bose science..."   that sounds almost poetic.

Do you have something factual to comment about..

It's bad internet etiquette to make an unfounded ad hominum attack against an established regular, even if he is a flaming PIA. (I can say that... you can't).  Laughing

Bose has a place in sound reproduction, just not everyplace, every time, for everything. They have been around a long time and their strengths and weaknesses are well known to professionals. Marketing is one of their strengths.

JR

PS: Bose 802?? Isn't that just the 901 hifi speaker re-purposed to sell into a different market by turning it around backwards and loading in one less driver?

PPS: Bob was probably visiting the house on the hill that Amar built, to service their computer system. I doubt he chats with the customer service lads enough to be on a first name basis.  

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
The day had to come...
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

TJ (Tom) Cornish wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 19:27

Mr. Morein is a long time troll of internet groups and forums. His name should be familiar to anyone who has been around for a while. Fortunately this is a moderated forum and we can nip it in the bud. Bu bye.

Mac

TJ (Tom) Cornish

Re: The day had to come...
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 19:02

Mr. Morein is a long time troll of internet groups and forums. His name should be familiar to anyone who has been around for a while. Fortunately this is a moderated forum and we can nip it in the bud. Bu bye.

Mac

What a pleasure to have not met him before.

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »

I believe this guy is not the real Bob Morien but rather someone from Aus that's out to get him - at least if what's on usenet is true. You could probably check the IP from the poster and find out if it's an impostor - *if* it's even worth the trouble.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

Greg Cameron wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 22:12

I believe this guy is not the real Bob Morien but rather someone from Aus that's out to get him - at least if what's on usenet is true. You could probably check the IP from the poster and find out if it's an impostor - *if* it's even worth the trouble.

Greg

It's not much trouble to do a simple search, which puts the IP address with a Utah hosting company. It is too much trouble to take it farther. Mr. Morein has been a long time problem on the Internet, and he is gone from here.

While I haven't seen the name in a few years, I recognized it instantly from many years of abuse on Usenet.

Mac

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »

I love the web address you put in his profile!
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Enough about the aberrant poster
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2010, 11:43:35 AM »

Tony "T" Tissot wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 00:26

I love the web address you put in his profile!

I did no such thing. He put that homepage in himself. That is typical of his behavior over the past 10 years or so on many forums and groups.

There is no need for further discussion about this particular poster.

Mac

Bill Burford

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »

whats the real frequency response for one of those????

I know this will never ever happen,
but I wish someone could just run all those room tests and frequency response / distortion charts for a bose.

It would be nice to test it from at least 20 feet away ( I have no idea how those tests are performed ) and compare the frequency / SPL chart from those BOSE to a 10 inch behringer.

I HAVE put a 10 inch powered behringer speaker on a pole and ran the matrix output through an aux send in the snake to it.   Just one behringer powered 10 with tiny hf molded horn eclipsed a pair of Bose 802's.   it also allowed for the sweepable mids to become useful.  IT ALSO allowed for a kick mic to become useful.. as well as bass DI.  This result shouldn't have shocked me but it did.  I think the size of the 802 cabinets and their aesthetic value had possibly caused me to think the result wouldn't be so dramatic.
write me a cheque and I will tell you a secret you won't forget.  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.