ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PM5D(RH) loosing control of head amps......  (Read 3312 times)

Chris Tate

PM5D(RH) loosing control of head amps......
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »

Hey there Labsters,

One of our PM5D's has come up with a funny little fault...... This info is second hand from my guys and I haven't been able to reproduce the fault myself.

I'm told that they loose control of the head amps for a bank of 8 channels (had it happen twice and each time a different bank of 8)

The reports are of no control (no 48V LEDS, no signal present when channel is selected) They aren't able to tell me if the signal LED at the top of the console is showing signs of life as no one noticed........

I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has come across the problem as I can't make the thing fault...... as you can imagine, this is more than slightly annoying:)

The desk is an RH, we have 1 AES (D-SUB)card, One Analogue in (D-SUB) card and one analogue out (D-SUB) card.

Not having been near the console when it faulted, I'm wondering if maybe someone knows of a shortcut that is being activated from the keyboard that might be causing the console to switch to external head amp control (of which we have none).

That is but one theory I'm looking into...... can't find much beyond the normal list of shortcuts I've learned over the years in any literature though......

Any thoughts Yamaha users?

Cheers,

Chris

tim.j.phillips

Re: PM5D(RH) loosing control of head amps......
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:43 AM »

I could be wrong but I thought i read a post about a similar problem on a bank of channels for that board.  Someone mentioned if the cards weren't seated correctly then the board would do some strange things, one of which involved banks of channels messing up. 

I don't know if this helps but its worth a try.

-Tim
Yes, I really do know what all these buttons do

Joakim Hammar

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »

I've had problems during extreme heat that the control board looses communication with the headamp board.

It might also be as the previous post suggested bad connecction between the control board and headamp board. Reaseating connectors might help.

/J

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

I could be wrong but I thought i read a post about a similar problem on a bank of channels for that board.  Someone mentioned if the cards weren't seated correctly then the board would do some strange things, one of which involved banks of channels messing up. 

I don't know if this helps but its worth a try.

-Tim

The card thing is worth a look, just pull and reseat them.  I've seen odd card-induced problems on other Yamaha desks before, the most recent being that the built in adat inputs on an 01v96 were reliably not working.  Once the card was reset all the problems went away.

David Colella

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »

Check the seating of the connectors underneath the surface, We had a problem similar to the one you are experiencing.  We opened up the console and found a few molex connectors off and some not pushed in all the way.  Hope that helps.

David Colella

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.