ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Shure PSM?  (Read 24789 times)

Scott Nelson

Re: New Shure PSM?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »

Andrew,

What the CueMode does is allow the engineer to quickly switch from one mix to another on the front of the pack.  With larger IEM systems you program the monitor engineer's pack with the frequencies/channels being used.  Then when the buttons are pressed on the receiver pack it switches between mixes skipping any unused channels.

Andrew Broughton

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

Scott Nelson wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 13:37

Andrew,

What the CueMode does is allow the engineer to quickly switch from one mix to another on the front of the pack.  With larger IEM systems you program the monitor engineer's pack with the frequencies/channels being used.  Then when the buttons are pressed on the receiver pack it switches between mixes skipping any unused channels.

I understand what it's for, but, again, what is new or even different about this?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com - Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Eytan Gidron

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 03:26:23 AM »

Scott Nelson wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 22:37

Andrew,

Can you access a mix with one press of a button? For instance, if you have a 16 mix system, you are now listening to mix #1, can you immediately access mix #8 without going through all the mixes in between?
Eytan Gidron
BETTY BAM

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »

Eytan Gidron wrote on Wed, 10 February 2010 02:26

Scott Nelson wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 22:37

Andrew,

Can you access a mix with one press of a button? For instance, if you have a 16 mix system, you are now listening to mix #1, can you immediately access mix #8 without going through all the mixes in between?

There aren't direct access buttons - Cue Mode uses the pan buttons.  It's still pretty neat, if not the first system to have it.  Easy to set up (go into Cue Mode, add mixes by pressing the Sync button on each transmitter).  It'll display names if you've assigned them.

A Man

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »

I still don't see what the big deal about this is.

It's no different than programming user channels on the Sennheiser packs and cycling through your mixes that way.

Chase Tower

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »

Less buttons to press?? I don't know.
You don't have to have the battery door open to access the buttons?? Just my guess.

Andrew Broughton

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »

Chase Tower wrote on Wed, 10 February 2010 11:10

Less buttons to press?? I don't know.
You don't have to have the battery door open to access the buttons?? Just my guess.

Whoopidy-doo.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com - Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

A Man

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

I don't know why Shure or Sennheiser hasn't come out with a "engineer pack"  Rolling Eyes

I never wear my pack on the back of my pants like a muso, 90% of the time it is sitting on the console or in my hand. I have a 64" cable and a 24" extension cable (thanks Fred Merkle ) if I need to wander a bit..

I'd like to see a flatter pack, about the size of a iPhone with large, backlit toggle buttons, 2 1/8 out jacks, a lock button and large display.

Fred Merkle

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »

Jon Martin wrote on Wed, 10 February 2010 15:53

I don't know why Shure or Sennheiser hasn't come out with a "engineer pack"  Rolling Eyes

Probably development costs.  They don't think they'll sell enough to make the additional $100k of tooling worthwhile.

Note:  There was no announcement of a wired PSM900...  Which is a similar lower quantity solution.

Quote:

I have a 64" cable and a 24" extension cable (thanks Fred Merkle ) if I need to wander a bit..

You're welcome. Smile

Quote:

I'd like to see a flatter pack, about the size of a iPhone with large, backlit toggle buttons, 2 1/8 out jacks, a lock button and large display.

[/quote]

I'd like to see an engineer pack interfaced with the console, so that AFL buttons made the engineer pack change to the appropriate channel.  That said, I can't think of an inexpensive way to do that right now.

-Fred

Ville Kauhanen

Re: New Shure PSM? NO NETWORKING ON THe NEW SHURE -> WTF!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »

The fact is that there is no networking capability on the new Shure unit. There is no words to describe how disappointed I am. I actually thought Shure had a clue.

I've been waiting to be able to sort all my wireless stuff from WWB5 and combine UHF-Rs and IEMs to the same network and to be able to monitor and control my setup from a single software.

For 3-4 years now I've set up the UHF-R stuff with WWB and always thought how great it'll be when all wireless can be set up and monitored from a single software.

I've used the PSM700s from when they were introduced and I still use them for 90% of my IEM gigs. Now it really looks like it's time to change to Sennheiser. Last time when I changed brand it was from Garwood to Shure. Now it looks like Shure has made the decision for me. They've apparently chosen the path of the consumer products with more volume and leave the most high end professional stuff to others.

Ville Kauhanen
Helsinki Pro Audio Ltd.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: New Shure PSM? NO NETWORKING ON THe NEW SHURE -> WTF!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.