ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown I-Tech 6000 Temperature  (Read 8401 times)

Tim McCulloch

Re: Crown I-Tech 6000 Temperature
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:06 PM »

You should be fine.  We've had a couple of 6000s that rev up to full speed at idle but System Architect doesn't show them anywhere near thermal limit.. maybe 20%?  Then we pound them.  No thermal shutdowns, no thermal errors.

I'll have to put a sticker on them so I can follow more closely, but in the 15 months we've had our I-Techs, we've only sent in 2 for service (warranty) and that was for the sputtering, frying bacon sound on channel 2.  That, apparently, is a ribbon cable issue.  And we just bought 4 more...

We've taken the Sound Image approach:  we send out *1* spare ITech with every rig.  Just 1.  So far I've never had to replace an amp at a gig, but I've used the spare to power a wedge for a VIP area several times.

With 3000+ hours, I'd say Arik's amp is broken in, not broken.  If you're really concerned call Kevin Gring at Crown's Elkhart factory and get his opinion.  He might have you run a couple of diagnostics before he can say "don't worry" or "send it in."

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.