ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote wireless PA (2nd system)  (Read 2873 times)

Alex Benterud

Re: Remote wireless PA (2nd system)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 01:16:11 AM »

Anthony-

What a coincidence that you just posted this.  I came online tonight to see if I could find a similar solution.  I'm only looking to send the signal about 60 feet however, a much easier task than what you had in mind.  I can imagine it wouldn't be very practical to run 500' of balanced cable though a theme park, somebody would inevitably trip on that cable.  Perhaps you could run an aux from your mixer to a wireless combo that has a quarter inch jack on the body pack?  Perhaps these systems are only decent for transmitting guitar or bass guitar frequencies?  Anyway, it's a decent distance, but I have been pretty surprised by the range modern wireless systems can attain.  I'm sure somebody makes an awesome setup that does exactly what you need, but there's just an equally awesome price tag associated with it!  Confused

Hope the gig goes well, even if the 2nd system doesn't work.

-Alex

Boston Green

• http://www.bandsoundhire.com
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 05:43:08 AM »

Rob Timmerman wrote on Fri, 23 October 2009 00:25

Boston Green wrote on Thu, 22 October 2009 08:54

You could broadcast your output from the mixer on PA1 over the internet using a laptop and Winamp with the shoutcast plugin, tune in on a laptop in location 2 and feed it into PA2.

Probably not ideal, but would work . . . .

What are the odds that there is an internet connection at both stages in an amusement park?  And if there is, what are the odds that it's fast enough to support streaming audio?

Odds are slim, but its possible using 1 or 2 mobile broadband dongle, 20 quid a pop. I recently transmitted the audio from the stage at a festival to a village hall about 3 miles away. I seem to remember we started transmitting at 256kbps but dropped it down to 196kbps because of drop outs (presumable because of lack of upload bandwidth with the dongle). That was using a 3G mobile broadband dongle.
http://www.bandsoundhire.com/misc/images/bannersketch.png

Anthony Comulada

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure it will go off without many problems (who am I kidding)... Really, I instilled in the owner of the park to rent the necessary equipment from a local sound company to make this show happen correctly. He's been a little reluctant to spend money for this show but, I told him that it'll give him piece of mind so that he can concentrate on the other (hundreds) issues that will surely crop up during the event. He's seen the light, I beleive Sunday is gonna work out just fine!

Thanks again for all the replies, i'll let you all know how the show went...

Anthony

Ben Lawrence

• http://vtaudiovisual.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »

Let us know what route they end up taking. I was a fan of the cat 5 idea. Wondering if they will come up with a wireless solution.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.