ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 crapped out mid show!  (Read 12762 times)

Rick Stansby

Re: LS9 crapped out mid show!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

I had a similar problem last year at a festival.  I was using the USB stick to record (something I rarely do).  The board was not on a UPS.  I had owned the board for 18 months, and used it without a single problem up until this crash.

When the board crashed I received an error message.  Like yours it said I had to reinitialize all memories.  I clicked OK, but the board just ran through it's strart-up to the part about "checking USB stick", and then rebooted.  After this happened 3 times I pulled the USB stick and the board started up, initialized to factory settings.  I spent the next 10 minutes getting the board re-configured.

I know exactly how you feel about losing trust in the mixer.  I was about to get rid of it in the days following the festival.  The good news is: After over a year the problem hasn't returned.
Rick

Joe Brugnoni

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

I am new to the digital thing and have a 01v96,  My question is about the UPS option, as I am a part time and it will sit a bunch.  Some spoke about testing the UPS before the system is up.  As with most stand by systems they need to be exercised from time to time, whether it be a generator or a huge UPS system for a phone company..

Is this recommended for the small rack mounts UPS to discharge the batteries some or a lot and recharge them so the get used?  Will it make the unit last longer if this is done??
Be nice to everyone as you can learn something from anybody

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »

You shouldn't need to "power cycle" the batteries in a UPS, because 99% of the time they're gel lead-acid batteries.  No memory effect like NiCd, and very little shelf loss like NiMH.  Would be a good idea to charge it up the day before a show, though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.