ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Be wary of lasers  (Read 15608 times)

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
Re: Be wary of lasers
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »

My info was obviously wrong. I don't need to be coddled but you didn't have to be a jerk about it. Lots of people post info that's not safe on here and nobody else blasts them for it. Your welcome. Enjoy!
You obviously have not been around here long have you? Were you posting about rigging or electrical in another section of the forum besides the DJ section, you would have had a ton of people jumping down your throat for posting about something so dangerous. And what you see as "being a jerk" I see as unabashedly and extremely clearly pointing out how wrong and dangerous the advise you gave was.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »

Wow Pascal, way to be nice about it. All you had to say was I disagree. I never said anything about hanging speakers, but maybe you shouldn't either.

He calls you out for unmitigated bullshit and you have the temerity to respond all fucking offended?

Puhlease.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

MisrilDean

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 06:24:13 AM »

How will I know which laser is harmful??? any suggestions.

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »

How will I know which laser is harmful??? any suggestions.

Lasers are rated

The least powerful ones are IIIA and IIIR

Next up is IIIB and beyond. All of these need a license. Any rating that is not IIIA or IIIR will need a variance (license)

If you see a laser that does not have this classification, don't buy it

Chauvet and American DJ make lasers that do not need a license to operate, ergo those are the least harmful

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:04:47 AM by Fernando Lopez »

carlos lopez

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »

Lasers are rated

The least powerful ones are IIIA and IIIR

Next up is IIIB and beyond. All of these need a license. Any rating that is not IIIA or IIIR will need a variance (license)

If yo see a laser that does not have this classification, don't buy it

Chauvet and American DJ make lasers that do not need a license to operate, ergothose are the least harmful

The lasers sold at your local DJ store, are o.k. to point at the dance floor, they are supposed to be 5mW max output, some do have a slightly bit higher power laser inside, but the beam will then be split up via diffraction grating , so that any single beam exiting the aperture, will still be 5mW or below.
It is legal to point those things anywhere, allthough, it may cause some people to panic.
This is the reason you are allowed to purchase it without a variance/ permit.

The lasers you can purchase illegally , through ebay, or out of country, are typicall higher power, and require a variance, those you CANNOT operate unless it is certified by the CDRH, and you better have your variance in order, otherwise, the fine is Up to 300,000 USD, plus your opening yourself up to injury / liabilty !

Lasers are extremely hazardous in the wrong hands PERIOD!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.