ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rental Price for a Dynacord Cobra Boxes  (Read 14412 times)

Ian Appleby

Rental Price for a Dynacord Cobra Boxes
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »

Was wondering if anyone rents a Dynacord Cobra boxes and how much do people rent them per box. I just bought a cobra 2 system. I plan on sub renting to another pro audio company who has a cobra system. They just need two cobra far boxes. I was wondering what is the going rate from company to company and company to general public.

Thanks for you help

-Ian
Ian Appleby
Dynacord Cobra 2 / EV Phoenix, ZX3 / A&H QU32

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
Re: Rental Price for a Dynacord Cobra Boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »

The cobra far boxes have a more narrow hf dispersion and are not the sameas the cobra 2 boxes.  One big provider here rents out cobra tops for 35€ a day.

Was wondering if anyone rents a Dynacord Cobra boxes and how much do people rent them per box. I just bought a cobra 2 system. I plan on sub renting to another pro audio company who has a cobra system. They just need two cobra far boxes. I was wondering what is the going rate from company to company and company to general public.

Thanks for you help

-Ian
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:22:08 PM by Randy Pence »

Ian Appleby

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »

The cobra far boxes have a more narrow hf dispersion and are not the sameas the cobra 2 boxes.  One big provider here rents out cobra tops for 35€ a day.

Sorry about that.. i meant Cobra-Top..  I did the exchange and it comes out to $50.00 USD. I was thinking around $100.00.
Ian Appleby

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

Sorry about that.. i meant Cobra-Top..  I did the exchange and it comes out to $50.00 USD. I was thinking around $100.00.

How much were you expecting to rent the whole rig for?
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Ian Appleby

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »

How much were you expecting to rent the whole rig for?

Around $1000.00 a day. I have six cobra-sub and four cobra-tops. Plus the Cobra rack. The renting of the just a few boxes was for a sound company who has a cobra system already. I'm just trying to figure out cross renting prices. How it's done! Whats the break you give other companies or is it no break.. like
the general public. $1000.00 is the going rate in Miami. I'm in Tampa Florida.

The other thing i'm trying to figure out is the specs on Dynacords website.

Max. SPL 1m (calculated) 131 dB

Is that full space or half space?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:42:39 PM by Ian Appleby »
Ian Appleby

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:30:06 AM »

Around $1000.00 a day. I have six cobra-sub and four cobra-tops. Plus the Cobra rack. The renting of the just a few boxes was for a sound company who has a cobra system already. I'm just trying to figure out cross renting prices. How it's done! Whats the break you give other companies or is it no break.. like
the general public. $1000.00 is the going rate in Miami. I'm in Tampa Florida.

The other thing i'm trying to figure out is the specs on Dynacords website.

Max. SPL 1m (calculated) 131 dB

Is that full space or half space?
You bought sales forces old rig. Good rig used it many times. I Put new drivers in it a few years back for them. Honestly for me If I thought I might need there boxes a lot I might work out more of a trade than a cost.  I scratch your back you scratch mine!! I'm real hard pressed to get a grand a day for my cobra more like 5-600 So I wouldn't think more than 100 bucks for the pair. Good luck I'll keep you in mind as I need to double up my rig from time to time. Let me know if you need to make yours bigger.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Ian Appleby

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:23:08 PM »

You bought sales forces old rig. Good rig used it many times. I Put new drivers in it a few years back for them. Honestly for me If I thought I might need there boxes a lot I might work out more of a trade than a cost.  I scratch your back you scratch mine!! I'm real hard pressed to get a grand a day for my cobra more like 5-600 So I wouldn't think more than 100 bucks for the pair. Good luck I'll keep you in mind as I need to double up my rig from time to time. Let me know if you need to make yours bigger.

So i rewired my cobra rack. I do hope i did it right since it's my first time. The amp rack was used in a night club so it was'n't wired for portable us.
Ian Appleby

[email protected]

• Finland, Uusimaa
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »

So i rewired my cobra rack. I do hope i did it right since it's my first time. The amp rack was used in a night club so it was'n't wired for portable us.

I don't use too much Cobra2 anymore, because I'm not working that often with the company that has those, but if my memory serves me well, which I believe, because I used to do a LOT Cobra2 system setups...  :)

Cables seems to go to correct connection points, but because I can't read (perhaps it's my eyes) the coding on the cables + I don't know which one of the amps is for subs/tops or L/R + I don't know how you have your DSP configured (which output for which signal) I really can't say if the cabling is really connected correctly...

What the company that I was working for had for amps were the L2400 and then LX2200... Originally they used the LX2200 for tops, but after some testing (on one gig when I had a loooott of extra time) I noticed that the L2400 sounded a lot better as top amp... ...you're lucky, both of your amps are L2400s...

What you might want to do is to get the RS-connection working over your multicore with normal XLR connection. I used to have the access to DSP244 from F.O.H booth thru PC...

Edit: Oh, and make sure if you some day happen to use the "Parallel" on the amps, to remove the B-input cable... If you don't, you will end up having all sorts of non-wanted things...

fwiw,
-Minka-
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:13:39 PM by Minka Matikainen »
95% of touring is work, and if you're lucky that 5% of the time is working with gear that are in good shape and according to rider...

Gus Housen

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »

Thanks for you help

-Ian

Also consider what they will charge you if you want a cross rental yourself of either more cobra boxes or other items like truss, etc. If someone is willing to give me a deal I am way into giving them a deal.

Ian Appleby

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »

I don't use too much Cobra2 anymore, because I'm not working that often with the company that has those, but if my memory serves me well, which I believe, because I used to do a LOT Cobra2 system setups...  :)

Cables seems to go to correct connection points, but because I can't read (perhaps it's my eyes) the coding on the cables + I don't know which one of the amps is for subs/tops or L/R + I don't know how you have your DSP configured (which output for which signal) I really can't say if the cabling is really connected correctly...

What the company that I was working for had for amps were the L2400 and then LX2200... Originally they used the LX2200 for tops, but after some testing (on one gig when I had a loooott of extra time) I noticed that the L2400 sounded a lot better as top amp... ...you're lucky, both of your amps are L2400s...

What you might want to do is to get the RS-connection working over your multicore with normal XLR connection. I used to have the access to DSP244 from F.O.H booth thru PC...

Edit: Oh, and make sure if you some day happen to use the "Parallel" on the amps, to remove the B-input cable... If you don't, you will end up having all sorts of non-wanted things...

fwiw,
-Minka-

I did notice how nice the L2400 sound. I do have a question tho. I want to put in a Distro unit into the rack. Any suggestions? What is the most common connection? 40 or 30 Amp hubble? Figure i need at least 40 amps for the rack. Since the amps are no Class D Amps.

- Ian
Ian Appleby

[email protected]

• Finland, Uusimaa
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

I did notice how nice the L2400 sound. I do have a question tho. I want to put in a Distro unit into the rack. Any suggestions? What is the most common connection? 40 or 30 Amp hubble? Figure i need at least 40 amps for the rack. Since the amps are no Class D Amps.

- Ian

In Finland we've been using a 3x16amps for one rack, so that 1 phase is / amp and 3rd goes to DSP and F.O.H booth... If we had 2 racks we tried to balance the load as well as is was possible (running the front fills etc.)...

So thinking that you guys are running 110V instead of ours 230V I would think that you need 30 amps / phase to be safe (30A+110V = 3300W)...

fwiw,
-Minka-
95% of touring is work, and if you're lucky that 5% of the time is working with gear that are in good shape and according to rider...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.