ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Vi4  (Read 2755 times)

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
Soundcraft Vi4
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »

Had a chance to mix a corporate luncheon on this board the other day and I must say that I love it! The board is very easy to operate and was probably the easiest of all the digital boards I have used (profile, pm5d, m7cl, ls9) to get around on and use. I had never used one before and got the call literally 2 hours before the event to come in and mix on it. It was road cased up and turned off. I grabbed a helper and unpacked it and got everything hooked up. A few more connections were needed than many of the other digital boards I have used, but nothing unreasonable. I powered it up and poked around on it a bit before a tech from the sound co. showed up to give me a rundown. I literally watched him make a few changes for less than 3 minutes and that was enough to know how to do almost everything. The displays are great, metering is great, very quick to move around and make it do what you want it to do.

Pros:
Fast to learn, easy to navigate, 2 CAT 5's to connect to stage rack, great display and surface; very solid.

Cons: Seemingly limited to built in lexicon efx. They sounded good but didn't seem to support plugins a-la Digidesign?, XLR tabs on stage rack were a bit hard to access when snake was all plugged in.

Probably one of my favorite digital boards yet!

P.S.: I really liked the ability to have a large clear edit-able channel label above each channel on the LCD. I had some fun with it...

index.php/fa/23136/0/
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
Re: Soundcraft Vi4
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

Meant to be A pm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.