ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best value in pole cups, handles and little rubber feet?  (Read 8035 times)

Nathan DePaulo

Best value in pole cups, handles and little rubber feet?
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »

I have a handful of install cabinets I'm going to make road worthy.  It's a pair of subs and pair of tops.  I'm about to order several handles and would like to put pole cups and feet on the tops as well.  The subs will get casters, and i'm considering the screw in style of pole mount, like found on qsc subs and others.  The speakers are compact, but a bit heavey at 60lbs for the top and 95 lbs for the sub.

Another thing that QSC speakers have that I'm a fan of is these hard plastic skids instead of little rubber feet.  Can anyone point out a source for that sort of thing?  To me they seem like a genuinely better option, any downside?

So I'm looking for value leading options in handles, pole cups, bumpers and casters.  Specific models and links to sites are welcome!  Thanks.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Best value in pole cups, handles and little rubber feet?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »

I have a handful of install cabinets I'm going to make road worthy.  It's a pair of subs and pair of tops.  I'm about to order several handles and would like to put pole cups and feet on the tops as well.  The subs will get casters, and i'm considering the screw in style of pole mount, like found on qsc subs and others.  The speakers are compact, but a bit heavey at 60lbs for the top and 95 lbs for the sub.

Another thing that QSC speakers have that I'm a fan of is these hard plastic skids instead of little rubber feet.  Can anyone point out a source for that sort of thing?  To me they seem like a genuinely better option, any downside?

So I'm looking for value leading options in handles, pole cups, bumpers and casters.  Specific models and links to sites are welcome!  Thanks.

David Little, a PSW contributor, has an online hardware store.  http://www.dblittle.com/catalog/

Mark & Liz at www.audiopile.net also have a bunch of hardware items, and offer incredible service.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rick Powell

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »

Value and utility are 2 different things in pole cups.  The best ones are the screw-in kind, b/c you don't have the pole falling out and clanging on the floor when you remove the top box.  But the set of poles and cups doesn't come cheap; K&M makes the version I am most familiar with.  Ultimate Support makes the best non-screw in pole cups, with the fins on the inside so the pole is held snugly but doesn't get bound up.

james page

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »

b/c you don't have the pole falling out and clanging on the floor when you remove the top box. 

God i hate that! Only thing worse is when you pull the top off, and the pole stays stuck in the top.
JP

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:00:44 PM »

Penn Elcom is the largest manufacturer of most of this kind of stuff. They have a $100 Minimum order, but their prices will definitely beat anyone else's because most people are just reselling their hardware anyway. www.penn-elcom.com

that being said I also oped for the threaded cups and poles from K&M, they were quite a bit pricier, but they are well worth it in my opinion.

Rick Powell

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »

Penn Elcom is the largest manufacturer of most of this kind of stuff. They have a $100 Minimum order, but their prices will definitely beat anyone else's because most people are just reselling their hardware anyway. www.penn-elcom.com

that being said I also oped for the threaded cups and poles from K&M, they were quite a bit pricier, but they are well worth it in my opinion.

Penn Elcom M1557, or the Ultimate Support version, TSM 138MK or 150MK (for 1 3/8" or 1 1/2" diameter poles), are the ribbed pole cups.  Ouch - the US version is $25 at Amazon.com.  Couldn't find the PE version online.  Maybe Markertek or Parts Express could order it for you.

The K&M "distance rod" or speaker pole, threaded on the bottom, is #21336.  Accommodates a standard 35mm (1 3/8") top hat pole cup on the top and a M20 screw mount on the bottom.  The bottom M20 "connector plate" is K&M #24116.  These are nice but you are probably looking at $200 for a set of 2 of everything you need (pole cups, distance rods and connector plates).

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:02:40 PM by Rick Powell »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »

I have the K&M adjustable poles with the M20 mounts and I can say that they are the most rock solid poles I have encountered.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »

I've always had great luck with TCH. Here's their web site: www.tchweb.com

Garry Wilson

• Laurel, MD
    • 98.6 Sound
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »

Garry W.
CTS, SBE-CEV, A+
www.986sound.com

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

God i hate that! Only thing worse is when you pull the top off, and the pole stays stuck in the top.
JP

Carry a bar of hand soap with you.  Soap up the ends of the poles before you set up.  You will have no trouble removing things at the end of the day.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.