ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB i/o mixers  (Read 2368 times)

Bill McIntosh

USB i/o mixers
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »

Any thoughts on the Yamaha MG or Allen & Heath ZED series mixers?  I am looking at setting up a portable rig, and the USB i/o looks interesting.

I can't find solid info though -- how many simultaneous channels could I record?  Does the software allow for both recording and effects processing at the same time?

How do they sound?

I am looking at these to stay under budget for the rig. The intended role is small bands/small venues, outdoor weddings, some corporate meeting type of gigs.
Cloudless Audio LLC

"It doesn't work that way.  They're getting their physics from Wiley Coyote."  Kari Byron, Mythbuster

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
Re: USB i/o mixers
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:20:01 AM »

Bill,

You might also look into the mixers that Alesis has.  There are USB and Firewire versions, both of which allow for separate recordings of each channel and also a recording of the L/R Mix.  You can also send a stereo signal back into the board from the computer.

That's as much as I know and as much as I can think about at this time of morning...so I'll leave you with that.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.