ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus Studio Live - merged  (Read 31545 times)

Paul McKeown

• http://www.tonezonesound.com/
Re: Studiolive Shipped
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »

Quote:

so how is it better than a Yamaha 01V96. I paid $1800 for my 01v96.

agree'd. You can get a new 01v96 for cheaper than that presonus new... I'm not seeing the benefit

How much do have to add to the cost of the 01v96 to get full 16 mic pres and 18 track firewire recording?

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »

Paul McKeown wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 11:50

Quote:

agree'd. You can get a new 01v96 for cheaper than that presonus new... I'm not seeing the benefit

How much do have to add to the cost of the 01v96 to get full 16 mic pres and 18 track firewire recording?

How much operational convenience do you trade off to get the Firewire?

Adding 8 channels of i/o to an 01v96 is about $250 for the ADA8000 or $600 for something else.  I have ~$1400 in an 01v96/ADA8k combo... 20 mic inputs, 4 line inputs, and 14 analog outputs.  When I bought the 01v96 (used) there was an MY16AE card in the expansion slot.  The broadcast and corporate AV recordists like that AES/EBU...  All for $1400.

Not a typical price scenario, but shows that established products are equally or likely more capable for similar cost.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »

I would love to get my hands on one. I think it would be great in the studio or live for someone doing smaller shows. Should work no prob. To me it seems like a 1604 gone digital for live, aka not the best mixer ever but gets the job done type deal. In the studio 16channels on a budget that  doubles as a control surface....  Very Happy I have never found a need for recall, but im also not doing the amount of shows/size of shows as some of you. I look forward to buying this at least for my little project studio and a few smaller gigs, hopefully sooner than later. If the compressors and limiters work well as well as other normal mixer functions I would be happy live...
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"
FosterSoundStudios(at)inbox.com
(4) QRX115s (4) SRX 728s Soundcraft GB8, Mackie Onyx 1640, TC Electronics fx.

Caleb Dick

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »

Recall-ability is huge.  Take an 01V96 with 4 TRS to XLRF adapters, take away the recall, and it's worth how much?  $1k?  

The StudioLive looks to compete more with the Onyx and ZED consoles, rather than the 01V96.  

Caleb
Caleb Dick
AVE
-----------------
Why waste time with second best

Experience is something you get just after you need it

David A. Parker

• http://www.lostandfoundsoundco.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »

Paul McKeown wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 11:50

Quote:

The OP started this asking about live audio, wherein the firewire wouldn't be a plus, but the ability to recall with moving faders would. The 01V96 can go a full 32 channels (with 28 mic pres) in one unit, no need to link two units. As far as studio goes, the adat outputs would give 24 digital outputs.
David Parker
Lost and Found Sound
http://www.lostandfoundsoundco.com/

David A. Parker

• http://www.lostandfoundsoundco.com/
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »

Evan Hunter wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 13:42

I have never found a need for recall, but im also not doing the amount of shows/size of shows as some of you. ...

Any time you do multiple bands, recall is  a really nice thing to have. Once you get used to having it, you'll never want to be without it.
David Parker
Lost and Found Sound
http://www.lostandfoundsoundco.com/

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

David A. Parker wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 15:51

I have never found a need for recall, but im also not doing the amount of shows/size of shows as some of you. ...

Any time you do multiple bands, recall is  a really nice thing to have. Once you get used to having it, you'll never want to be without it.

Same thing every time the band plays 2 songs.

The ability to reset all the processing as well as the mix levels is hard to give back once you are used to it.

Mac

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »

I have an 01v96 with a fostex d1624/d824 recording combo for live sound and recording and would not think about a Studiolive.
But to be fair it does have total recall of everything just not moving faders. You have to do it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYTC1RYAk0

Yes this would not work for alot of mixing of complex scenes in some shows but it may be enough for a bar band type show.
Store a scene at a location one night. Go back a week later and reset the faders and be back where you were before.
All other settings are reset with the scene as most digital boards are. (eq/comp/gate)How advanced the recalls are. If there is safe recalls. etc. is unsure.

Not bad just not great. I would demo both an 01v96 and a Studiolive and find out for myself before even a $2000 dollar purchase.  Rolling Eyes

Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."

Justice C. Bigler

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

David A. Parker wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 14:48

The 01V96 can go a full 32 channels (with 28 mic pres) in one unit, no need to link two units. As far as studio goes, the adat outputs would give 24 digital outputs.

And you can cascade two 01V96's together and get twice as many inputs, still with full recall, and twice the effects processors.
-Justice C. Bigler
House Sound Tech
Tulsa Performing Arts Center

IATSE Local 354

Rick Stansby

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »

David A. Parker wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 12:51

Also without flying faders you can't have sends on faders for the aux sends.  Or EQ on faders, or aux masters on faders.
Rick
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.