ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered sub reccomendation: QSC HPR181i or Yorkville LS800P  (Read 3210 times)

Ryan Northrup

Powered sub reccomendation: QSC HPR181i or Yorkville LS800P
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:54:17 PM »

I am looking at getting a pair of powered subs and these two are my main contenders. With the rebate that QSC has right now , the QSC's will be a little bit cheaper , but not much. Which sub would you choose and why? I really appreciate any input!

Ryan Garnett

Re: Powered sub reccomendation: QSC HPR181i or Yorkville LS800P
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »

Well having only heard the QSC, I must say for what it is, it rocks! Also seeing as how it's QSC and well, that brand name goes a LONG way with me (since they actually care about their customers and have always built rock solid products), it gets my vote.

Nathan DePaulo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »

I don't have a single bad thing to say about either... although Yorkville has a fantastic warranty and very good user satisfaction.  I have an LS800P and think it's a very good sub.  I currently use a pair of LS1208 and think very highly of Yorkville products in general.

What's your application?  Is size a consideration?  They're about the same weight give or take 10 lbs, but the Yorkville is a fair amount wider and taller.  Also the yorkville is carpet unless you pay more, making the QSC cheaper if that's a factor for you and the yorkville only has two fixed casters, while it looks to me the QSC has 4 on the back.

Not really a clear opinion, just observations I had that might be useful.

John Shelbourn

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »

I have never heard the QSC subs but I do own 4 LS800p's.  I love them I stack them on their side on top of each other which allows my tops to get up and over the crowd.  The sound of the cabinet is worth the extra buck, they will make the low end kick drum and bass guitar come out and smack you right across the chest. One per side I will say they out perform a Mackie 1801 any day of the week, in which I have heard the 1801's many times.  A little on the heavy side but with casters on the back and my new ones have the light weight neodymium drivers in them make them very easy to pack around.  I would definitely recommend them.

Matt Duncan

• http://www.mattduncan.us
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »

I haven't heard the yorkvilles, but I do have a pair of the HPR181i subs. For what they are, they are very impressive. They hit hard & are very smooth sounding. Everyone that has heard my rig is impressed as well. I'm completely happy with my purchase. Yes, they do have 4 casters on the back for ease of transport. They also have a pole cup in the top of the cabinet.
www.mattduncan.us
G.A.S. Powered Productions

Ryan Northrup

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »

I appreciate everyones input. After doing lots of research , I ordered a pair of the QSC HPR 181i's today. I will let you know what I think of them. Thanks again!

Bruce Gering

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »

Well, If you already ordered them......

I will say this-The QSC is smoother sounding but the Yorkville has way more "balls" to it, although its a little boomier sounding. BTW I own both- almost. The yorkies I have are all passive, and yes, that boomy sound can be tamed somewhat w/DSP. Do that and you have one helluva of an in your face low end.
Sometimes I wish I had a clone of myself so I could enjoy life while my clone worked for me. Thing is, my clone would just keep the money, or worse yet, I would be working while he enjoyed my life!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.