ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Restaurant Listings - By City - READ BEFORE POSTING!  (Read 61840 times)

David Buehler

• http://www.audioexcellence4u.com
Albuquerque
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 02:20:30 AM »

Hey Guy!

I have not been to Porky's yet but I was near by when the staff of the neighboring supermarket thought the place was on fire, but relealized that the owners had lef the smoker on in the back for some reason over night without turning on the exhaust fan. Made for a interesting night... It's up in the heights so i am not certian that most of the labsters would make it up this way since it's by my place and i think yours.

Some other BBQ places to check out:
Rudy's BBQ
http://rudysbbq.com/locations/index.html
These are the only 2 stores not in TX, and one is right near my shop too! a short ride from downtown.

Jersey Jacks
http://www.jerseyjacks.com/
A cool little sandwhich shop open for lunch and breakfast off of I-25 north of I-40. These guys use Boar's head meats in the sandwhiches.

New York Pizza Department
215 Central NW Suite B
Albuquerque, NM 87102
This place is accross the street from the Sunshine theatre, and walking distance from the EL-Rey, Launchpad and many other of downtown's clubs. Best part open till 2:30AM on the weekends!
http://999dine.com/nm/nypd/

Frontier Restaurant
East Central across from UNM main campus
This is the "world famous" restuarant with the John Wayne pictures in it. Everything and everything on the menu and made fast, stay away during lunch hours as 32,000 college students decend on the place each day, they used to be open 24 hours but now close at 1 am every day. Nearby Venues include PopeJoy Hall
http://www.frontierrestaurant.com/

David Buehler
Production & Systems Manager
Audio Excellence
New Mexico's Premire Event Production Company
Audio - Video - Backline - Lighting - Staging & Roofs - Barricade - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: Albuquerque
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »

David Buehler wrote on Tue, 08 July 2008 23:20

Frontier Restaurant
East Central across from UNM main campus
This is the "world famous" restuarant with the John Wayne pictures in it. Everything and everything on the menu and made fast, stay away during lunch hours as 32,000 college students decend on the place each day, they used to be open 24 hours but now close at 1 am every day. Nearby Venues include PopeJoy Hall
http://www.frontierrestaurant.com/

+100 for the Frontier!

-a

"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Troy, NY
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:37:36 AM »

Brown's Brewery on River Street (downtown) has great food and good beer, plus an outdoor patio where smoking is allowed.

Troy Ale House at 680 River Street (a little further out of town to the north) has excellent beer on tap, good food, but the best wings on the planet. The "capital district's hottest wings" really are a masterpiece, but not for the faint of heart (or bowels).

Plum Blossom chinese restaurant up Hoosick Street (Rt. 7) is good cheap eats, and quick. Limited booze selection, but a quality asian place.

For pizza you want I Love New York pizza on 4th street.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Mitch Grant

Carlsbad, California (just north of San Diego)
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

Carlsbad is home to the 4 Seasons Aviara Resort , a popular convention site, and just about the only one in the county north of downtown San Diego.....other than the La Costa resort. All these directions apply to both places. You will need a car to get to almost anything worthwhile, but you are only a 10 to 20 minute drive from several good restaurants. Here are a few good seafood and sushi places which I am intimately (lol) familiar with:

South of the resort:

Mister Sushi in Encinitas (all you can eat for 20.00 to 25.00)

Samurai Sushi at Loma Sante Fe and the 5 freeway (possibly the very best sushi in the county)

Seafood Market across the street from Del Mar Racetrack on Via De La Valle (great seafood!)

Other types of food:

Tuscany in La Costa has good Italian food

Or just drive south on Coast Highway (101) starting in Encinitas

North of the resort:

Kings Seafood at Palomar Airport Road and the 5 Freeway (yes, it's actually a small chain, but it's quite good)

Sushi Huku on San Marcos Blvd. in San Marcos (another all you can eat for 20 bucks contestant in the San Diego Sushi "price wars")

Hyuga Sushi just down the street from Sushi Huku (a little more expensive, and worth it)

Katsu (also just down the street) is very good but a little pricier

Other types of food:

"Restaurant Row" in San Marcos is on the same street as the 3 sushi joints above. You can find just about anything there.

Other nearby good values for those visiting California:
(my favs while trying to stay within your "per diem" rate)

Best Chain Restaurant standard American cuisine = Claim Jumper (actually this one is not cheap, but I am always amazed at how good the food is!)

Best Cheap burgers = In and Out
Even Better burgers = Islands, Fuddruckers

Best Pizza = Oggis or Leucadia Pizza

Best Salads = Souplantation

And don't forget that if you need any type of sound, lighting or backline, my shop is 20 minutes away!

Happy Eating!
Mitch

philipbarrett

LAS VEGAS - get me off the strip
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »

Sushi Fever,
7985 W Sahara Ave # 105,
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702) 838-2927

Worth the drive, fantastic fish, great friendly attitude, the best roll selection I've ever seen, all at per diem prices.

Noras
6020 W Flamingo Rd # 10, Las Vegas
(702) 365-6713

Neighborhood Italian, fun enough for a group of techs on an evening out, romantic enough for a date.  Be sure to book if you can't wait.  Prices are v. reasonable, huge Seafood Diablo was around $18.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: LAS VEGAS - get me off the strip
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »

Also in Las Vegas, off the strip:

Lotus of Siam
953 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89104
Tel. (702)735-3033

Best Thai food in the US!

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Nick Enright

Detroit Food!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »

I'll do this by type:

Diner Breakfast

Honest John's - Good, breakfast is great and cheap, lunch dinner too.

Brooklyn Street - Homey and Special, closes early (3pm).

Various Coney Islands - do a decent job, but can be annoying.

Sunday Brunch

Sunday Brunch in Detroit has a tradion of bottomless mimosas and/or bloody marys (noon-> 3pm). Not Cheap, but really good!

La Dolce Vita - the best in town. wonderful musicians generally play.

Union Street - Great place, good brunch, best bloodys.

Atlas - high quality, tasty eclectic menu.

Majestic Cafe - good bartenders, good drinks and the food isnt bad either. If you go next door, the garden bowl has less "abience" but is more friendly. There are two venues in this same building. the Majestic Theatre, 750+ capacity. and Magic Stick, 350+ cap.

Lunch

Eph McNally's - right on Woodward at Congress, tasty sandwitches, and awesome bread pudding. At lunch it's always busy, usually I'll go a bit late.

Foran's Irish Pub - Next Door to Eph's; big supporter of Michigan Products, Better Made Chips, Faygo Soda, Michigan Beer. Standard Pub Fare w/ a tiwst.

{{{More to come as I get time}}}

Nick
A Detroiter and Proud!
Lyve Productions
Live Sound Support / Engineering
House Sound @
 -- Hastings Street Ballroom - Detroit, MI
 -- Theatre Bizarre - Detroit, MI
Owner / Engineer

Phil Jones (aka Phildo)

Amsterdam and Strasbourg - Road Restaurant Listings - By City
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »

If you ever get to play Strasbourg in France at La Laterie then don't bother with finding a restaurant, the in-house catering is the best I have ever had at any venue anywhere.

Other than that my fave restaurant in the world is a little Indian restaurant in Amsterdam called Balti House and can be found at 41, Albert Kypstraat. Is a short walk from the Paradiso and Milkweg and WELL worth a visit.

Phil

Curtis_Flatt

Re: Amsterdam and Strasbourg - Road Restaurant Listings - By City
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »

try out www.roadfood.com

a great resource for places that some of us havent even found...yet
take it from someone who loves to eat.  Laughing  

Bob Lee (QSC)

Re: Amsterdam and Strasbourg - Road Restaurant Listings - By City
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 06:47:47 PM »

Oh great, I was just in Amsterdam a couple months ago!
Bob Lee
Applications Engineer, Tech Services Group QSC Audio
Secretary, Audio Engineering Society
www.linkedin.com/in/qscbob

"If it sounds good, it is good."
 -Duke Ellington
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.