ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAB sub Specs PLEASE HELP  (Read 4679 times)

Frank Guerrero

LAB sub Specs PLEASE HELP
« on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

I have been looking for the plans on how to build the labs sub and well I don't have CAD, so if any one could help me, because i would really like to build a pair.  So if any one could give me a hint in the right direction pdf. format would be great
Frank Guerrero
Production Manager
Bridge Water Rentals

frank@rentsound.net

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: LAB sub Specs PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »

Frank Guerrero wrote on Sun, 15 June 2008 13:16

I have been looking for the plans on how to build the labs sub and well I don't have CAD, so if any one could help me, because i would really like to build a pair.  So if any one could give me a hint in the right direction pdf. format would be great
If you go to the LAB sub documentation page here you will find the drawings in dxf and pdf format. This is a big project, and big drawings may help. Your local Kinkos probably has AutoCad on one of their machines, and can make the prints for you.

Mac

Frank Guerrero

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

Thanks for the redirect can't belive I missed it but now i have a new question where are the schematics on the crossover network, is there a pre-made one for the sub or am i going to have to build it myself, I just want to get all the info ready to go so I can do it right.
Frank Guerrero
Production Manager
Bridge Water Rentals

frank@rentsound.net

Peter Wing

• http://ibsubwoofers.proboards51.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »

Most would use an external active processor, there is no passive plan specific to the labsub to my knowledge, you would have to design one, assuming you know how. Or use a rack mount processor/crossover.

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:45:01 AM »

Making a passive crossover for a sub that can handle 1600W will be an expensive journey  Smile
Use active crossover. DSP unit will do the job better in applying adequate delay to the top speakers.

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »

You won't easily be able to get a steep enough high pass to prevent the sub from blowing up, if you make a passive crossover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.