ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: stage/stair lip speaker options  (Read 8830 times)

Tim Padrick

Re: stage/stair lip speaker options
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »

Duane Massey wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 21:07

Meyer has an excellent "munchkin" speaker that sounds great, but I'll bet is is not cheap.

We recently tried one of these as a possible keyboard-top monitor.    With pre-recorded music it sounded dreadful.  We sent it back.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 07:20:06 PM »

We are talking about the MM-4 here? I think it is a fine product for what it is. Were you testing the new powered unit, or the original MM-4? If the original, were you running the correct mm-4ceu processor and have it's sense lines properly attached, etc?

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Michael Hoddy

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »

Quote:

We recently tried one of these as a possible keyboard-top monitor. With pre-recorded music it sounded dreadful. We sent it back.

Methinks you have some bone to pick with Meyer over something. Certainly, everyone has their preferences about what they like better, but every time Meyer comes up, you chime in with how awful they are.

Given their reputation (not to mention specs or clientele, and completely discounting for a moment what the general consensus in the live sound community is about them), decrying Meyer as "dreadful" and generally unlistenable says much more about you than it does about Meyer.

Michael Hoddy

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 04:25:52 AM »

... I must agree with you, Michael !
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

Scott Fahy

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »

No clue on pricing but I did hear a demo a while back and was quite impressed.

http://www.innovoxaudio.com/

Scott
Comments, suggestions and concerns are always appreciated but rarely addressed.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 12:21:50 AM »

Michael Hoddy wrote on Sun, 04 May 2008 21:21

Quote:

We recently tried one of these as a possible keyboard-top monitor. With pre-recorded music it sounded dreadful. We sent it back.

Methinks you have some bone to pick with Meyer over something. Certainly, everyone has their preferences about what they like better, but every time Meyer comes up, you chime in with how awful they are.

Given their reputation (not to mention specs or clientele, and completely discounting for a moment what the general consensus in the live sound community is about them), decrying Meyer as "dreadful" and generally unlistenable says much more about you than it does about Meyer.

Whenever I have posted a Meyer comment, it has been about a specific product that I have heard.  I have never made a generalization about the Meyer line.  Specifically the UM1P, UM100P, and something that I thought was being referred to in this thread ("munchkin" - not the MM4, but something more on the order of a powered JF60 size-wise that I can't find on the Meyer site).  Those are the only Meyer I have heard, and the only ones about which I have made any comment.

Michael Hoddy

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 10:52:44 AM »

I think that's the UPM-1P you heard. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Michael Hoddy
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.