ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Service Contracts and Sub Contractor Contracts  (Read 1843 times)

Jeff Heart

• http://www.wiggleproductions.com
Service Contracts and Sub Contractor Contracts
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »

I have a rental contract that we have been using for years now.  It basically covers us from anything the client may do to rental gear and also covers many loophole areas that lawyers may try to rip apart when it comes to holding on to equipment in long term rental situations that go through bankruptcies and the like.

However, I do not have a service contract and considering the two areas (rentals / service & installs) are two entirely different beasts, I was wondering if anyone has an iron clad agreement/contract that they do not mind sharing.  I was thinking maybe if anyone would contribute to posting their agreements or even via private mail, that we can all take bits and pieces of each and make ones that are tailored towards each of our companies.  Possibly come up with a bullet proof contract.  I assume many of had lawyers concoct paragraph after paragraph of legal jargon in which a bit from all of our individual clauses together, could make one hell of a new great contract.
  Personally, I need a service contract AND a sub contractor contract (for when I hire a sub).  I have not seen any tailored towards the A/V & lighting Install industry.    ANyone up for sharing or is this something everyone feels is to personal to them and they spent too much money with the lawyer to make it for them only?

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Heart
Wiggle Productions LLC
A/V, Lighting, Photo, Install, Rentals, Sales

Brad Weber

Re: Service Contracts and Sub Contractor Contracts
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »

Jeff,

Are you an InfoComm member?  Their contractor's council (was SAVVI but is now SILC, the Systems Integration Leadership Council) has some standard contracts available to members and I believe some of the InfoComm classes on operating a service department included some relevant examples and information.

Just keep in mind that any contract should be modified to reflect your business and the local laws and really should be reviewed by an attorney on an individual basis.  Especially in some geographic areas, local laws and even union issues may enter into contracts differently than they do in other areas.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.